The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
u87ai with millennia hv-3 ... anybody try this?
Old 12th June 2019
Gear Nut

u87ai with millennia hv-3 ... anybody try this?

Hello,

Has anybody tried running a u87ai into a Millennia HV-3? I'm wondering if they work well together.

I haven't found any examples online to try to get a sense of what these two sound like together.
Old 15th June 2019
We have a lot of mics and certainly a couple of U87 as well as a lot of different preamps. As always the U87 do sound special and although I like them a lot, I hardly never use them. From my perspective the U87 is not that challenging for a preamp. The HV3 certainly fits very nice. However I like the U87 quite better on the M2B from Millenia (tube setting on the sst1) (at least for vocals; for Cello I do prefer the HV3 :-)).
btw: we use the M149 really a lot, lately even for classical music. They do sound special (coloured) as well but in more open, transparent way with high resolution (even though the tubes and LDC)
Old 15th June 2019
Lives for gear
I've found a U87 to sound great with both the SS and VT paths of my Millenia STT-1.

It also sounds good with a Wunder CM7 (although I considerably prefer the CM7 with a BAE 1073)

The very best combo I ever used for vocals and ac. guitar with the Millenia was the BLUE Kiwi .... boy that was a fantastic combination.

I still regret selling my Blue Kiwi.
Old 17th June 2019
Lives for gear

Sounds good with my td-1

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search