The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Sony c100, the Neumann u87 killer?
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allanfuerst View Post
I don’t know what you are up to with all these mics but if you can’t get a good vocal sound out of a U87 of any kind, the mic is not the problem. I would suggest to improve your room acoustics because the U87 picks up a lot more nuances with its resolution. Make a decision and work with the tools you have. A U87 Ai will get you further in the long run. If Neumann stops producing U87‘s, then the U87 will be worth 10x as much as the Sony. Resale value is a factor that I would always consider when buying new.

And btw.: I had the Phantera. Had a talk with Dirk yesterday actually. It’s a very spitty mic that can sound very sibilant on many voices (incl. mine). Sold it after 2 months to purchase my U87...

But I think my room isn't the problem here. Its already very dry. Everytime I do talking when I come from outside its very noticable.
Its maybe not perfect but good enough for some recordings.

I'll do some last testings with a vocal booth type of wall. It wasn't necessary so far. But I wanna be sure now!
BTW your comment made me do it now. This will be the last chance for the mic to convince me if it fits my needs!
But I don't believe no more :/

All I can say is that I got some very good vocal sound out of the Sony c100. And the Sony is way more sensitive to the room as the u87ai.

About resale value you're right also about the worth if its not gettin produced no more (like with sony c800g)
But if I don't like it then I don't like it. I really want to like it but then I put it against my recordings of the Sony and it looses.

I also get back 1k which I can invest in accoustic treatment and other things.
I don't need that much maybe 3-4 bass traps and maybe a vocal wall or material if I build one myself. My room is almost complete.
I also want to invest in some voxvox cable. But yeah that's it.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geenie View Post
But I think my room isn't the problem here. Its already very dry. Everytime I do talking when I come from outside its very noticable.

I'll do some last testings with a vocal booth type of wall. It wasn't necessary so far. But I wanna be sure now!

All I can say is that I got some very good vocal sound out of the Sony c100. And the Sony is way more sensitive to the room as the u87ai.

About resale value you're right also about the worth if its not gettin produced no more (like with sony c800g)
But if I don't like it then I don't like it. I really want to like it but then I put it against my recordings of the Sony and it looses.

I also get back 1k which I can invest in accoustic treatment and other things.
I don't need that much maybe 3-4 bass traps and maybe a vocal wall or material if I build one myself.
I also want to invest in some voxvox cable. But yeah that's it.
If you want to impress a client with a mic nowadays, all you have to do is add high end and bottom end. That‘s what I get when listening to the Sony.

Regarding Vovox cables: I would not buy them but go with Gotham Audio GAC-3. They cost 1/10 of the Vovox and sound less hyped, more natural vintage. They were the official supplier of Neumann cables (IC3) back in the days and since then have kept the same design. RFI and EMI rejection is best in all class. Had Vovox with my Panthera and found it too clinical/cold sounding. The GAC-3 sounds like a record (vintage/balanced/not hyped in the top end).
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Maniac
Quote:
If you want to impress a client with a mic nowadays, all you have to do is add high end and bottom end. That‘s what I get when listening to the Sony.

Regarding Vovox cables: I would not buy them but go with Gotham Audio GAC-3. They cost 1/10 of the Vovox and sound less hyped, more natural vintage. They were the official supplier of Neumann cables (IC3) back in the days and since then have kept the same design. RFI and EMI rejection is best in all class. Had Vovox with my Panthera and found it too clinical/cold sounding. The GAC-3 sounds like a record (vintage/balanced/not hyped in the top end).
What I forgot to write at my last comment was the fact that I did some listening tests on Audio Test Kitchen (oc I don't trust them that much) but the c100 and u87ai sounded exactly like on my voice with the same cons and pros.

Thanks about the cable I'll check that out.

I want a good mic for me in the first place. But yeah I maybe thought about gettin some singers to my humble home studio in the future.

About the Phantera I've heard some audio clips of it on a side which confirmed about what you say regarding sibilance.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Head

Quote:
What I forgot to write at my last comment was the fact that I did some listening tests on Audio Test Kitchen (oc I don't trust them that much) but the c100 and u87ai sounded exactly like on my voice with the same cons and pros.

I want a good mic for me in the first place. But yeah I maybe thought about gettin some singers to my humble home studio in the future.

About the Phantera I've heard some audio clips of it on a side which confirmed about what you say regarding sibilance.
Like I said, it’s hard to give you any advice on mics when we don’t get to hear how your voice sounds through all of these mics and it’s really a nonsense thread to my understanding. If you want us to give you a recommendation based on what you describe to us how a certain mic sounds on your voice in your opinion, in your room and your playback system given your subjectiveness...it’s just ridiculous to even give you an advice.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Like I said, it’s hard to give you any advice on mics when we don’t get to hear how your voice sounds through all of these mics and it’s really a nonsense thread to my understanding. If you want us to give you a recommendation based on what you describe to us how a certain mic sounds on your voice in your opinion, in your room and your playback system given your subjectiveness...it’s just ridiculous to even give you an advice.
yes I agree.
So I'll do some last tests over the weekend and will come to a decision afterwards.
Old 4 weeks ago
Deleted 5f4684d
Quote:

Post some samples of your voice with both mics and we can decide for you which mic is best.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deleted 5f4684d View Post
Post some samples of your voice with both mics and we can decide for you which mic is best.
That's right! At GS, we're moving on up to being a cold-hearted producer board.

Also... if we like the track, we can offer 0.0000012 cents per cassette royalty, minus shipping, mishandling, no-promo, lifestyle enhancements (for us - not you) costs. This time limited offer is valid after you sign our basic usury agreement, which signs over all your rights in perpetuity for all your work now and forever - just like those famous artists from the 1930s. How cool is that?
Old 4 weeks ago
Deleted 5f4684d
Quote:
Originally Posted by MandoBastardo View Post
That's right! At GS, we're moving on up to being a cold-hearted producer board.

Also... if we like the track, we can offer 0.0000012 cents per cassette royalty, minus shipping, mishandling, no-promo, lifestyle enhancements (for us - not you) costs. This time limited offer is valid after you sign our basic usury agreement, which signs over all your rights in perpetuity for all your work now and forever - just like those famous artists from the 1930s. How cool is that?
In life, usually when you try to be funny aka a try hard, you aren't. This right here was the case.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
In life, usually when you try to be funny aka a try hard, you aren't. This right here was the case.
Oh... more life lessons on the internet... this one about taking things too seriously. Good times.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Mando's post was funny and sad at the same time. I always admired the Music Industry hotshots, who treated their Artists well.
Chris
Old 4 weeks ago
Deleted 5f4684d
Quote:
Originally Posted by MandoBastardo View Post
Oh... more life lessons on the internet... this one about taking things too seriously. Good times.
You sound like my 10 year old, he tries to be funny and isn't, and then something is accidentally funny and I laugh. I'm not a funny guy (and I don't take myself too seriously as I'm typing this while smoking a fat blunt) and I don't try to be lol.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
You sound like my 10 year old, he tries to be funny and isn't, and then something is accidentally funny and I laugh. I'm not a funny guy (and I don't take myself too seriously as I'm typing this while smoking a fat blunt) and I don't try to be lol.
FTR, I wasn't trying to be funny. The humor biz is no laughing matter.

Was going for easy peasy 10 seconds of sarcasm... which apparently you missed. Oh well... pretty sure not the first time the internet has let you down. Enjoy your bluntedness.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
This one was really funny!
It should go into the GS FAQ's.
Chris
Old 4 weeks ago
Deleted 5f4684d
Quote:
Originally Posted by chessparov2.0 View Post
This one was really funny!
It should go into the GS FAQ's.
Chris
Yep! I'm a real natural i tell you.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Not even close. imo 87AI>u87i. C800>u87i. U87ai>c800
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by JblKid95 View Post
Not even close. imo 87AI>u87i. C800>u87i. U87ai>c800
u87ai better than c800g? No way in the world.
The c100 is still better imo than the u87ai.
The 87ai sounds harsh, thin and filtered while the c100 and c800g sounding bright and present like in most modern pop/rap songs. That's why I'll decided to go with the c100 now.
I did some last tests with it I'll sent the u87ai back within the next 2 days.
But if we talk about the orginal u87 vintage it could be better than the c100 maybe.

PEOPLE SHOULD RENAME THIS THREAD IN 'Sony c100, the Neumann u87ai killer?'
IT DEFINITELY IS!!!!

The only way the u87ai is better is sibilance and self noise, well you can handle both with plugins like desser and noise gate. I even turn down the preamp (which lowers the self noise even more) and get great results with it.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
u87ai better than c800g? No way in the world.
The c100 is still better imo than the u87ai.
You gotta know what you're doing
Quote:
The 87ai sounds harsh, thin and filtered while the c100 and c800g sounding bright and present like in most modern pop/rap songs. That's why I'll decided to go with the c100 now.
Not my U87ai. I owned a c800 for years

Quote:
I did some last tests with it I'll sent the u87ai back within the next 2 days.
that's unfortunate. you should have recorded songs instead

Quote:
PEOPLE SHOULD RENAME THIS THREAD IN 'Sony c100, the Neumann u87ai killer?'
IT DEFINITELY IS!!!!
Not even close. I tried it and returned it after recording multiple songs. IMO C100 = thin top end, messy and doesn't take eq as well as u87. U87ai = Solid recording, tidy open top end, solid mid range, nice low end, and most important of a mic no matter how it sounds. Great resolve. You can have all the resolution in the world but if things sound all over the place its not gonna matter. I typically hear those types of resolve in 3K+ Mics.

The point of my post is to show that no mic kills any mic. You gotta know what you're doing. The u87 sounds so different than Sony mic that this title will steer a lot of people the wrong way. I make a lot of pop music as well, and I wish I found the u87ai faster. Saved a TON of money too. Knowing the C800g, I can't name one thing the c100 beats it on. A lot of popular music is recorded on c800gs because of a particular thing it does. its immediate on the c800g. The thing is you can't get rid of it if you don't want it, where as in other mics you can add it (mics with good resolve). Some people like spongy mid-range others like solid. it is what it is... but one things for sure, it never makes or breaks a song.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Maniac
Quote:
You gotta know what you're doing

Not my U87ai. I owned a c800 for years

that's unfortunate. you should have recorded songs instead

Not even close. I tried it and returned it after recording multiple songs. IMO C100 = thin top end, messy and doesn't take eq as well as u87. U87ai = Solid recording, tidy open top end, solid mid range, nice low end, and most important of a mic no matter how it sounds. Great resolve. You can have all the resolution in the world but if things sound all over the place its not gonna matter. I typically hear those types of resolve in 3K+ Mics.

The point of my post is to show that no mic kills any mic. You gotta know what you're doing. The u87 sounds so different than Sony mic that this title will steer a lot of people the wrong way. I make a lot of pop music as well, and I wish I found the u87ai faster. Saved a TON of money too. Knowing the C800g, I can't name one thing the c100 beats it on. A lot of popular music is recorded on c800gs because of a particular thing it does. its immediate on the c800g. The thing is you can't get rid of it if you don't want it, where as in other mics you can add it (mics with good resolve). Some people like spongy mid-range others like solid. it is what it is... but one things for sure, it never makes or breaks a song.
I did one song with it (But it was nuthin special) and started another one which I'll save for the sony now. At least for the rap parts cause I think for rapping I prefer the sony on my voice while with singing I can work with both. So I'll leave my singing with the u87ai (maybe)
But yeah you're right about making music but I think it doesn't match my needs at all.

My u87ai sounds filtered as hell. I tried to get rid of it with an EQ. No chance.
I keep asking myself if I should preorder another device for seein if this mic mabye be faulty.
My experience was I could add things to the c100 to make it sound more like a Neumann mic while I couldn't make my u87ai sound like a Sony.
At the end you're right about the killer thing I guess cause both mics are different for different demands.
I also toyed with the idea of gettin both mics. Well we'll see.

I mean maybe someday I'll regret returning the u87ai but as for now it's not for me.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
I did one song with it (But it was nuthin special) and started another one which I'll save for the sony now. At least for the rap parts cause I think for rapping I prefer the sony on my voice while with singing I can work with both. So I'll leave my singing with the u87ai (maybe)
But yeah you're right about making music but I think it doesn't match my needs at all.

My u87ai sounds filtered as hell. I tried to get rid of it with an EQ. No chance.
I keep asking myself if I should preorder another device for seein if this mic mabye be faulty.
My experience was I could add things to the c100 to make it sound more like a Neumann mic while I couldn't make my u87ai sound like a Sony.
At the end you're right about the killer thing I guess cause both mics are different for different demands.
I also toyed with the idea of gettin both mics. Well we'll see.

I mean maybe someday I'll regret returning the u87ai but as for now it's not for me.
Mine doesn't sound filtered. I don't believe there is anything you could add to a c100 to sound like an AI. If so, that's incredible. you should post it and explain how. For the price the c100 is going for. Keep the Neumann a little while longer until you're 100% sure. This 87 I'm on is my 3rd 87. The very first one I bought was when I had a Manley REF C, and I thought the Manley was beating it. I regret that decision till this day. Ive had my current 87 for about 3 years before that I had a vintage 87 and a 251 Elam at the same time. I liked the Elam for specific female records, and the vintage for general stuff. out of all my mics I much prefer this one.

If you're only recording yourself... and the c100 is speaking to you. By all means sell the 87 and put that money elsewhere and develop your sound/vibe with the mic that best speaks to you. As a "professional" I can't advice you to keep a c100 as your workhorse mic for sessions with various people. you'll be very mad one day if you're OCD like me. If I was recording everybody and their mama, I would have a 67... or some solid tube mic, but I wouldn't be mad if all I had was the AI... the luxuries of course... which you def don't need when it comes to capturing sound that's open to interpretation

Last edited by JblKid95; 4 weeks ago at 03:13 AM..
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Mine doesn't sound filtered. I don't believe there is anything you could add to a c100 to sound like an AI. If so, that's incredible. you should post it and explain how. For the price the c100 is going for. Keep the Neumann a little while longer until you're 100% sure. This 87 I'm on is my 3rd 87. The very first one I bought was when I had a Manley REF C, and I thought the Manley was beating it. I regret that decision till this day. Ive had my current 87 for about 3 years before that I had a vintage 87 and a 251 Elam at the same time. I liked the Elam for specific female records, and the vintage for general stuff. out of all my mics I much prefer this one.

If you're only recording yourself... and the c100 is speaking to you. By all means sell the 87 and put that money elsewhere and develop your sound/vibe with the mic that best speaks to you. As a "professional" I can't advice you to keep a c100 as your workhorse mic for sessions with various people. you'll be very mad one day if you're OCD like me.
use a neve style preamp and an eq and you can get close to it.
maybe I should get a used u87ai for 1k less (same price as the c100) and having both mics then.
I think the u87ai doesn't sound that good on me though. And not as clean as a c100.

I'm not sure if I should keep it for a little longer.

Yeah I thought about a tube mic too. Maybe the Manley. But its very sibilant I guess.
I got the bad feeling the u87ai is not for my voice and yes you're right for home studio cases and only for my voice the c100 is more than good enough but as universal mic the u87ai is probably the better choise. (recording other ppl etc.)

Anyway thanks for your opinion.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
use a neve style preamp and an eq and you can get close to it.
maybe I should get a used u87ai for 1k less (same price as the c100) and having both mics then.
I think the u87ai doesn't sound that good on me though. And not as clean as a c100.

I'm not sure if I should keep it for a little longer.

Yeah I thought about a tube mic too. Maybe the Manley. But its very sibilant I guess.
I got the bad feeling the u87ai is not for my voice and yes you're right for home studio cases and only for my voice the c100 is more than good enough but as universal mic the u87ai is probably the better choise. (recording other ppl etc.)

Anyway thanks for your opinion.
you're welcome. Yeah record as much as possible on the c100 to really find out about it. I don't know about you, but im not anywhere near the greatest singer in the world but I can hold my own during recording, and my mic has def affected the way I sing to it. I used to just go, tilt my mic, etc. but now I have a full technique like how I pronounce certain words all the way down to certain vowels. Even spacing of letters and words. which words to always staccato etc. I did it so much that it's second nature at this point where I no longer have to think about it. It's just the way I sing now permanently. I don't leave the entire work load for any mic because there really is no universal mic for anyone. There are magic moments of course, but that's extremely rare.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Maniac
Quote:
you're welcome. Yeah record as much as possible on the c100 to really find out about it. I don't know about you, but im not anywhere near the greatest singer in the world but I can hold my own during recording, and my mic has def affected the way I sing to it. I used to just go, tilt my mic, etc. but now I have a full technique like how I pronounce certain words all the way down to certain vowels. Even spacing of letters and words. which words to always staccato etc. I did it so much that it's second nature at this point where I no longer have to think about it. It's just the way I sing now permanently. I don't leave the entire work load for any mic because there really is no universal mic for anyone. There are magic moments of course, but that's extremely rare.
I'd never had problems with singing with any mic. Its more about the rapping in my case. That's also the reason I'll let my choruses of my current song with the u87ai- While I do the verses with the c100.
But yeah I know what you mean when its about techniques. Do you track rappers and black music singers?
I added highs to the u87ai and couldn't get it sound as good as the c100 while I can remove some high end and it still sounds better as my u87ai. Its really crazy, man.
I really think for modern pop/rap songs the c100 is a steal!
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
I'd never had problems with singing with any mic. Its more about the rapping in my case. That's also the reason I'll let my choruses of my current song with the u87ai- While I do the verses with the c100.
But yeah I know what you mean when its about techniques. Do you track rappers and black music singers?
I added highs to the u87ai and couldn't get it sound as good as the c100 while I can remove some high end and it still sounds better as my u87ai. Its really crazy, man.
I really think for modern pop/rap songs the c100 is a steal!
“Black music singers?” Smh lol

Yes I’ve done my fair share of hip hop and RnB singers.

Anyways the C100 might be your ticket. I know I’m probably pissing of the lurkers that want the price of the u87 to come down so ima shut up. Or as the Germans say halt mein fressa lol
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Maniac
Quote:
“Black music singers?” Smh lol

Yes I’ve done my fair share of hip hop and RnB singers.

Anyways the C100 might be your ticket. I know I’m probably pissing of the lurkers that want the price of the u87 to come down so ima shut up
I did some eqing a couple of minutes ago. I lowered the midrange of the u87ai and added some highs. Maybe some lows and it sounded a little bit better but not as good as the c100. Then with the c100 I removed some lows (after the high cut which is 85-100hz) until like 200hz for like 1-2db added a little more highs and it sounded clean as hell without that muddiness in the lows some ppl complain about.
I also did test the adding of midrange with the c100 and yes it sounded filtered but even with that better as the u87ai.
So yeah c100 is probably my ticket! :D

Naw I appreciate your opinion. Its all good. I really thing its a taste thing.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
I did some eqing a couple of minutes ago. I lowered the midrange of the u87ai and added some highs. Maybe some lows and it sounded a little bit better but not as good as the c100. Then with the c100 I removed some lows (after the high cut which is 85-100hz) until like 200hz for like 1-2db added a little more highs and it sounded clean as hell without that muddiness in the lows some ppl complain about.
I also did test the adding of midrange with the c100 and yes it sounded filtered but even with that better as the u87ai.

Naw I appreacte your opinion. Its all good. I really thing its a taste thing.
Don’t worry bro. I believe you. I was just trying to come from another angle because I’m certain it’s impossible for the u87 to sound like ****. And cheaper mics driving it into obscurity. I’m a bit sensitive to that lol. I respect your art and your point of view for all I know you could be on to something I don’t know yet. The highs on the u87ai don’t have as much resolution as the C100 but imo the highs on the 87 crush the C100 because it’s actually beautiful highs and not just a lot of highs. I come from a school of thought that the human highs aren’t suppose to be that resolute in a recording if that’s the word. Especially today in the digital age where everything is really bright. This in terms of vibe, musicality to me etc. You might see it differently and that’s okay. DM me and I’ll teach you a few things I learned over the years when dealing with mic that no one really tells you. for some people it’s easy but for the rest of us we have to find out the hard way.

I’m not sure if you’re the one that posted those vocals anymore but dont drive it as hard. find a sweet spot. If you take a saturator and put it on vocals it’s going to bring up certain things.... things that sound nasty, and then you’ll start compensating for things that weren’t there to begin with

Someone in the other thread years ago posted a C100 with a tube-tech pre. Now that’s a vibe! But for the price of that combo I’m buying a c800g and plugging directly into an interface and calling it a day
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Don’t worry bro. I believe you. I was just trying to come from another angle because I’m certain it’s impossible for the u87 to sound like ****. I respect your art and your point of view for all I know you could be on to something I don’t know yet. The highs on the u87ai don’t have as much resolution as the C100 but imo the highs on the 87 crush the C100. I come from a school of thought that the human highs aren’t suppose to be that resolute if that’s the word. Even in the gefelle highs crushed the C100 in terms of vibe, musicality to me etc. You might see it differently and that’s okay, but I don’t think of mics and vocals by themselves. I think of them alongside pads, snares etc. because I’m not in VO work. DM me and I’ll teach you a few things I learned over the years when dealing with mic that no one really tells you. for some people it’s easy but for the rest of us we have to find out the hard way. I’m not sure if you’re the one that posted those vocals anymore but dont drive it as hard. find a sweet spot. If you take a saturator and put it on vocals it’s going to bring up certain things.... things that sound nasty, and then you’ll start compensating for things that weren’t there to begin with
I agree about the highs. I think that's the biggest plus of the u87ai- Its the first mic I don't have to stand tilted with for not having sibilance issues. But I'd rather eq the **** outta the c100 or use a desser and still have better results.
But yeah sometimes I think its like a filter that holds back the highs but make them sound clean at the same time (with the u87ai)
Yeah, I'll dm you for sure
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
I agree about the highs. I think that's the biggest plus of the u87ai- Its the first mic I don't have to stand tilted with for not having sibilance issues. But I'd rather eq the **** outta the c100 or use a desser and still have better results.
But yeah sometimes I think its like a filter that hold back the highs but make them sound clean at the same time (with the u87ai)
Yeah, I'll dm you for sure
Exactly. I used to hate that filter thing too. I used to think it made me sound like I was singing with my mouth full, until I learned why that was there. But go off on the C100. Make it what you think it is, and justify selling the 87 with the output of your work, you know what I mean? Don’t sit here contemplating, that’s the worst thing you could do. No one is really gonna hear it the same as you, and no one is gonna hear a good song and be like, “is that a u87 or a C100?” The majority of hit songs have been recorded on an 87 and you don’t like it, so there you go
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Exactly. I used to hate that filter thing too. I used to think it made me sound like I was singing with my mouth full, until I learned why that was there. But go off on the C100. Make it what you think it is, and justify selling the 87 with the output of your work, you know what I mean? Don’t sit here contemplating, that’s the worst thing you could do. No one is really gonna hear it the same as you, and no one is gonna hear a good song and be like, “is that a u87 or a C100?” The majority of hit songs have been recorded on an 87 and you don’t like it, so there you go

yeah the majority got recorded on a vintage u87 without that filter effect.
I probably would like it more if I wouldn've heard the c100 before :D
But yeah you're right.
BTW I don't have to sell the u87ai I'm still in my 30 days of testing and money back.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
yeah the majority got recorded on a vintage u87 without that filter effect.
But yeah you're right.
BTW I don't have to sell the u87ai I'm still in my 30 days of testing and money back.
You’d be surprised which records are AI and which are vintage. A majority of the newer rap records where a neumann is used is an AI.

Oh damn how convenient. You can’t return mics in America! Are you the one who posted that clip? If not post your clip let me listen, but I still think you should go with what you like off the bat... and that’s the c100. Since the 87 is not your mic that’s a lot easier to let go.

I wouldn’t trade my AI for a brand new one, a gold one or even an anniversary silver one, not even the legendary c800. I’m serious... it’s just like that. To me mine is worth 10,000 dollars
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Maniac
Quote:
You’d be surprised which records are AI and which are vintage. A majority of the newer rap records where a neumann is used is an AI.

Oh damn how convenient. You can’t return mics in America! Are you the one who posted that clip? If not post your clip let me listen, but I still think you should go with what you like off the bat... and that’s the c100. Since the 87 is not your mic that’s a lot easier to let go.

I wouldn’t trade my AI for a brand new one, a gold one or even an anniversary silver one, not even the legendary c800. I’m serious... it’s just like that. To me mine is worth 10,000 dollars
wow that's crazy. You must have found your perfect mic.
naw I didn't post anything. I know its impractical. But I wanna stay annonymous for now
📝 Reply