The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Focal Shape Twin any experiences?
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear
Focal Shape Twin any experiences?

Hey Guys, iam the new one!

I would like to buy the Focal Shape Twin Monitors.

I'am still on my Yamaha HS5 and would like to do a Upgrade.

Any experiences with this Monitors?

Most important thing for me is that the Monitors are sounding "Clean" .

Thank you.

Sorry for my bad English.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceWaayne View Post
Hey Guys, iam the new one!

I would like to buy the Focal Shape Twin Monitors.

I'am still on my Yamaha HS5 and would like to do a Upgrade.

Any experiences with this Monitors?

Most important thing for me is that the Monitors are sounding "Clean" .

Thank you.

Sorry for my bad English.

Hi there and welcome,

I have the Focal Shape Twins for some time now and it is an absolute joy to work with them.
I see you're coming from a cheap monitor like the HS5.... So, the transition to Shape Twin from that, will be like, from SD TV to 4K UHD TV, in comparison.

The monitors are very defined, the low mid/high mid range is amazing, very clear and balanced, the low end very tight and precise, the high end is crystal clear, but doesn't give ear fatigue like some Genelecs, for example. You can hear details in the music, that you never thought it was there before. Very revealing, in a nice way, helps so much when mixing, taking the right Eq decisions. Also you can hear if you over compressing something and how that affects the timbre of the instrument or voice.

Of course it depends very much of your room. My room is acoustically treated and the monitor just "sings" in the sweet spot position. Since i mention it, the sweet spot is wide and also the stereo image just amazing....

I can keep going on and on, but i will sound like a Focal reseller.... i have no relation at all with the company, i'm just a happy user of their stuff.

Hope that helped a bit, but i highly suggest to take a listen in person, (better in your room, if that is possible) or take a flash drive or CD with some music you know well and visit a show room to listen there before commit to buy (just a small advice ).
For that kind of money, is definitely one of the best piece of gear one can buy.

Cheers!

p.s. Your english are fine, it makes sense, that's enough!
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aziak View Post
The monitors are very defined, the low mid/high mid range is amazing, very clear and balanced, the low end very tight and precise, the high end is crystal clear, but doesn't give ear fatigue
Though not the same model, but Twin6 be's + sub6 (2.1)
I gave the exact same description as you gave to the Shape's.
No experience with Shape.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

I am not a monitor expert myself, but I do own and use the Focal Shape Twins and they sound very good to me. They take a little bit of time to break in, of course, but they sound natural to me now that they have. I really like the transient response a lot. I can now mix a kick drum so that it sounds like it's in the room with me.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Get the solo 6's and be done with it
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear
Thank you all for share your experiences about the Focals!

I'll order it Today, and i'am really looking forward to work with it.

Thank you all!

Cheers
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by VirusAndSpamBin View Post
Though not the same model, but Twin6 be's + sub6 (2.1)
I gave the exact same description as you gave to the Shape's.
No experience with Shape.

Focal has a sound in their speakers, that is a signature of the company.
That's why people refer with almost the same descriptions, when they try to decipher what they are hearing out of them. Of course there are differences that discriminate each speaker line from another but there are many things in common.
The transparency and frequency balance is imminent all over their line.
I have Focal Alpha 80 and Shape Twins, i also used Solo6Be and the SM9 pretty much to have a clue of their pro monitor line sounds like.
I have installed Focal Audio in my car too and they is just brilliant to drive and listen to mixes or favourite tracks from this system, the sound is familiar...
They are all great speakers, in the end it all comes down to: what one needs, his budget and the space of course.

Cheers!
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Thank you all for share your experiences about the Focals!

I'll order it Today, and i'am really looking forward to work with it.

Thank you all!

Cheers
You're welcome!

Enjoy your new pair of monitors and share with us your experience, but give them some time to break in before do this.
They need some time (according to Focal) like 20 hours, more or less. Mine took less than that. Also i suggest to put them on stands, avoid desktop if you can, there is a noticeable difference! Have fun making music!

Cheers!
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aziak View Post
You're welcome!

Enjoy your new pair of monitors and share with us your experience, but give them some time to break in before do this.
They need some time (according to Focal) like 20 hours, more or less. Mine took less than that. Also i suggest to put them on stands, avoid desktop if you can, there is a noticeable difference! Have fun making music!

Cheers!
Thank you! I'll definitely do that!

Thanks for the Tip!
Old 2 weeks ago
Here for the gear
So, my Monitors came on Monday, and the first thing i had to do was, movin object in my Studio lol.

First look on and in it was fantastic, imo a very very clear Sound and lot of more Bass that i got on my old Yamahs

So lets give the Monitors the Burn in Time and looking forward to hear a difference!

Cheerio
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
So, my Monitors came on Monday, and the first thing i had to do was, movin object in my Studio lol.

First look on and in it was fantastic, imo a very very clear Sound and lot of more Bass that i got on my old Yamahs

So lets give the Monitors the Burn in Time and looking forward to hear a difference!

Cheerio

Awesome!

Hope the new Shape Twins, will fulfil your expectations, as they have done with mines. After the burn in time period, they will only get better!
Enjoy them and have fun with your music making!

Cheers!
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

They need some break in time. Put 40 hours or so on them before you do any serious work on them.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut

He might already done that

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search