The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Serial Number on Neve 8024 Console?
Old 4 weeks ago
Serial Number on Neve 8024 Console?

Hello,

I am currently conducting research on Rudy Van Gelder. In visiting his Englewood Cliffs studio recently, the new owners asked for my help in locating the serial number on the Neve 8024 console installed there. Can anyone help us out with this? Thanks!
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Neve console serial numbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xUeL View Post
I am currently conducting research on Rudy Van Gelder. In visiting his Englewood Cliffs studio recently, the new owners asked for my help in locating the serial number on the Neve 8024 console installed there.
Blake Devitt can help with any historical Neve information.

Email: [email protected]
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Hazaa!

Having gown up on reputedly on of the other 3 of these you’ll find it from memory on one off the horizontal spars of the backplanes on the rear of the console frame.. think left hand sand looking at it from the back.

They were all custom so coils moved with each order.

Does Rudy’s have 1099 and the switching modules?

Got pics?

Wiggy
Old 4 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by cathode View Post
Blake Devitt can help with any historical Neve information.

Email: [email protected]
Thanks! I just reached out.
Old 4 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiggy Neve Slut View Post
Hazaa!

Having gown up on reputedly on of the other 3 of these you’ll find it from memory on one off the horizontal spars of the backplanes on the rear of the console frame.. think left hand sand looking at it from the back.

They were all custom so coils moved with each order.

Does Rudy’s have 1099 and the switching modules?

Got pics?

Wiggy
Thanks for this, I'll have to check on permissions for posting a photo of the board. I will ask about 1099 and switching modules, but can you be more specific as to what you mean by that?

Also, it looks like your last message was voice-activated or something, and I believe there's a couple typos. Was 'spars' supposed to be 'bars'? 'Back panes'? 'Sand' is 'side' I'm sure...haha...thanks.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Steve Butterworth (username PAST on Gearslutz) or Geoff Tanner might know.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Thanks for this, I'll have to check on permissions for posting a photo of the board. I will ask about 1099 and switching modules, but can you be more specific as to what you mean by that?

Also, it looks like your last message was voice-activated or something, and I believe there's a couple typos. Was 'spars' supposed to be 'bars'? 'Back panes'? 'Sand' is 'side' I'm sure...haha...thanks.
These consoles have a separate module in the meterbridge that invokes the line section of the console as 1099 modules are mic in only.

Basically referring to the back frame of the console.
Old 4 weeks ago
Thanks everybody for your help. The studio owners said they now have a repair tech specializing in Neve consoles and have made some progress with the dead channels. I reached out to a few Neve experts the past few days as well. One studio that has another one of these boards said they actually weren't made with a serial number.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Hi

One studio that has another one of these boards said they actually weren't made with a serial number.

That's nonsense. If it doesn't have a serial number it was taken off, post Neve, for some obscure reason.

Every Neve assembly has a serial number except PCBs and components.

It's practically always fitted on the panel carrying the EP5's for power input.

If this is the 8024 I think it is (they only made a handful) I believe the A number is A2158 meaning that it was originally first sold to Canada

Quote:
Thanks everybody for your help. The studio owners said they now have a repair tech specializing in Neve consoles and have made some progress with the dead channels. I reached out to a few Neve experts the past few days as well. One studio that has another one of these boards said they actually weren't made with a serial number.
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear
Geoff How did you Know Canada?

regards..I
Old 3 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff_T View Post
Hi

One studio that has another one of these boards said they actually weren't made with a serial number.

That's nonsense. If it doesn't have a serial number it was taken off, post Neve, for some obscure reason.

Every Neve assembly has a serial number except PCBs and components.

It's practically always fitted on the panel carrying the EP5's for power input.

If this is the 8024 I think it is (they only made a handful) I believe the A number is A2158 meaning that it was originally first sold to Canada

Thanks Geoff! The number in the board's manual is in fact A 2158.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by irak View Post
Geoff How did you Know Canada?

regards..I
Hi

Easy Peasy if you worked at Neve...

1 - 999 Works orders were UK or anywhere in the world but the next 2

1000 - 1999 Works orders went to the USA

2000 - 2999 Works orders went to Canada

3000 - infinity Works orders covered everything!

Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear
Damn Geoff I knew I forgot to work some where

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search