The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Dangerous D box vs higher end units
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Dangerous D box vs higher end units

I like the D box and see no need to ugrade....but, in the quest for that last 5-10%, are the more expensive monitor controllers that much more transparent? Anyone upgrade from a D box and found a noticeable difference?
Old 4 weeks ago
I have a DBOX and plan to sell it as soon as I can. I have compared it with other higher end units, and the difference is more than noticeable. I find the DBOX adequate, especially the DA. But as soon as I have some extra cash I will be selling this BOX for sure. I don't think they use very high-quality parts in it.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Interesting..most say its a good piece. What controllers have you compared it to?

Makes we wonder if I'm losing something going from my nicerizer into the Dbox...
Old 4 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown soldier View Post
Interesting..most say its a good piece. What controllers have you compared it to?

Makes we wonder if I'm losing something going from my nicerizer into the Dbox...
Grace M905, Crane Song Avocet, even my old Coleman M3PH Mk2 was preferable. I don't even use the Analog inputs of the DBOX anymore. It's smeary to my ears. I prefer using the onboard DA. I need a controller with transparency on the analog inputs. And more than one pair of them too. Goodbye
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

I'm going to try running the Nicerizer from the main outs directly into my monitors (focal CMS65's) and see if I hear a difference over the Dbox being inserted in the path. Didn't think it would be an issue......any maybe my ears won't hear one, hopefully!
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Mixwell View Post
Grace M905, Crane Song Avocet, even my old Coleman M3PH Mk2 was preferable. I don't even use the Analog inputs of the DBOX anymore. It's smeary to my ears. I prefer using the onboard DA. I need a controller with transparency on the analog inputs. And more than one pair of them too. Goodbye
Adam, have you tried the new one?
I have another thread going & am extremely interested in a new monitor controller. And wanted to know if any of you have tried the D-Box+? Have seen the specs & looks very impressive & much better than the standard D-Box.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by aremos View Post
I have another thread going & am extremely interested in a new monitor controller. And wanted to know if any of you have tried the D-Box+? Have seen the specs & looks very impressive & much better than the standard D-Box.
I contacted Dangerous and asked if the new Dbox+ was an upgrade to my Source. They told me they were the same.
Old 4 weeks ago
Quote:
I have no interest in Dangerous gear.....
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
I have no interest in Dangerous gear.....
And why is that.

Do you find it over rated.

Cheers
Old 4 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickknack View Post
And why is that.

Do you find it over rated.

Cheers
Everyone is entitled to their preference. I would say, yea I do find it overrated, overhyped. But that's not something I care about, at all. I only care about my own preference. I don't care about the sheep factor. I have used tons of Dangerous audio gear and IMHO, it's just not my cup of tea, sonically. I like some of their stuff, but it's not on my list of things to buy. I had to buy this DBOX back from a customer of mine because he wasn't happy with it. I've been using it for a while, but as I said before, I don't think it's built well at all. The Stereo pot is a total piece of ****.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcB View Post
I contacted Dangerous and asked if the new Dbox+ was an upgrade to my Source. They told me they were the same.
Wow, I was told different - from both Source & original D-Box!
DAC's are different & better, new & more outputs & inputs (including digital output) & full control from iOS device.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Wow, I was told different - from both Source & original D-Box!
DAC's are different & better, new & more outputs & inputs (including digital output) & full control from iOS device.
This is their reply from their promo youtube video.
Attached Thumbnails
Dangerous D box vs higher end units-dbox.jpg  

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search