The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Manley Ref C Sample Audio
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Nut

Manley Ref C Sample Audio

So Guys, I'm in the market to get a new pre-amp for my Manley Ref C.

Now there are a few audio samples floating around here on gearslutz but I'm particularly interested in hearing the Manley paired with a BAE 1073.

Does anyone have this chain and can offer up some audio samples for me to hear? Vocals are of particular interest.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Nut

Surely Someone with a Manley Ref C can chime in?
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

I have been using the Manley Ref C for Male Tenor Heavy Metal Vocals with the Great river ME-1 NV (It is supposed to be in the 1073 vain)

My chain for tracking in the home studio is Manley ref C >> Great River Preamp with the gain up >> Warm audio Wa2A with a liberal amount of compression.

I really like the results I get with this setup. the LA2A style comp and neve type preamp gives a bit of weight to the otherwise bright and modern sounding manley. I imagine you get a similar result with the BAE 1073.

I only have a processed example at hand of what it sounds like:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=19V...CiVMvwiFubJDE1
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Nut

Hi Ikke, Thanks for posting. I heard the GR ME-1NV paired with the Manley but felt it was slightly in the opposite direction of what Im after. I feel the BAE would be a good choice in regards to the sound I'm interested in but I'm struggling to find anywhere here in the UK to demo it.
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Maybe try to find a dealer that has a good return policy and try it out. these guys seem to do it in the uk and have BAE products https://sxpro.co.uk/tbyb
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Nut

Hi Ikke, I've spoken to SX and sadly they don't offer a demo on the BAE. Gutted I can't find samples or demo it anywhere.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search