The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Is NPNG still in business?
Old 15th May 2019
Is NPNG still in business?

I have owned two DMP-2NWs for many years (love them) and went to look up Karls webpage and I can't find anything. Anyone know what is going on there?

This page just bounces now :-(

http://www.npngproducts.com/

Last edited by ProPower; 15th May 2019 at 08:09 PM..
Old 15th May 2019
Gear Addict

An email I sent Karl got bounced back too. I’m just hoping he is doing all right.
Old 15th May 2019
Lives for gear

The website was online very few weeks ago
Old 17th May 2019
Lives for gear

This would suck big ones
Old 22nd May 2019
Here for the gear

Hello,
I will also be interested if anybody may share infos.

Pierre

Switzerland

Yes, we use Karl's stuff here too
Old 29th May 2019
Has anyone had contact with Karl lately?

If Karl is no longer available where could I get schematics-service for one of these if needed?
Old 29th May 2019
Lives for gear

Karl is alive & well
Said he just built the last 2 Quads. Switches cost has become excessive.
Has a new opamp and some new products in the works...maybe simple resistive summing with it
Old 29th May 2019
This is great to hear!!! Thanks!
Old 29th May 2019
70% Coffee, 30% Beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEHARRIS View Post
Karl is alive & well
Said he just built the last 2 Quads. Switches cost has become excessive.
Has a new opamp and some new products in the works...maybe simple resistive summing with it
Karl built a custom 8-channel Volume Control for a client of mine, using these new op-amps and it sounds insanely magical just running into it. He put all the different transformer mod's on the back end of it.
Old 4th June 2019
Lives for gear
And meanwhile, today on eBay:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/113770741002?ul_noapp=true

Tempted myself but I'm way over-supplied with pre-amps
Old 4th June 2019
Lives for gear

Those dont have transformers in them.
Old 17th June 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayo View Post

Wow, someone made a bargain there!

As NPNG's European distributor, I have been made aware of this thread. I don't know anything about NPNG being out of business.

The website had an outdated base structure and had become difficult to maintain. It could be that the recent switch to PHP 7.2 on web servers knocked out the site. I will inquire further.

If anyone is in direct contact with Karl, please point out the situation to him, and ask him to contact me. Thank you!
Old 18th June 2019
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayo View Post

I was tempted too, and finally i have purchased it.

By the moment the preamp has not arrived yet, but i would like to returned it to its original design (microphone preamp with output transformers,..), and for that i have already sent two mails to Karl this week and i haven´t received any answer from him.

I have been spoken with two respected electronic audio engineers in Europe in order to make the changes in case of Karl doesn´t appear. But i haven´t got enough lucky, one of them is very busy and the another doesn´t want to work with equipment from others companies.

I will wait to Karl
Old 18th June 2019
Lives for gear

spokewith Karl last week and confirmed his email is valid...but not checked often.
Will text him later today and remind him to check again
Old 10th July 2019
Gear Nut

Good

Good to hear first of all that Karl is alive and well!!!
Was worried for a while
Does anyone have any info I can get in touch with him?
My studio partner has recently ordered 5k of pres through Karl and not receiving any replies or updates?
Glad to hear its just technical issues Karls end. He is a great guy from what I ve read around and his gear sounds top notch
Old 6th September 2019
Gear Nut

Anyone has any news on that? Been trying to get in touch with Karl for a long time.
Old 13th September 2019
Gear Nut

My studio partner in London has ordered 4 pre amps worth $5000 and paid for to NPNG. The communication had be good till last May and since then he has not responded to any emails. We have all the correspondence between the studio and Karl and all receipts of payment.
Does anyone have any news on NPNG and Karl? Before my mate proceeds legally and publishes the case maybe some of you know something we dont? If Karl has any personal issues that could explain doing a runner with $5000?
Any help would be appreciated
Old 13th September 2019
Lives for gear

i have no knowledge of the current business side...but on a personal note he called me yesterday to say a loss in his family will be bringing him to S Florida and he will be in touch. I will remind him to reply to his customers...even at this difficult time
Old 14th September 2019
Gear Nut

thanks

Thanks for the input Mike.
My partner has emailed Karl again the last few days asking if something is wrong in his personal life. Would be good to know he just didnt do a runner for $5k as its been almost 4 months now.
Old 14th September 2019
Lives for gear

Regardless of reason, and I am especially compassionate when a boutique audio leader runs into issues, I personally would not do business with anyone who has taken money and stopped communicating.

A week - ok, two weeks - better be a very bad situation that wasn’t your fault, more than two weeks; that business is done. Even in very bad circumstances, you can figure out a way to have someone handle your urgent messages with an explanation. If you are a decent businessman, you know it is obviously best to communicate bad news quickly and make a refund than even appear as if you have taken someone’s money and have no intention to make good on the transaction.

NPNG, whether intentionally or not, has decided to go out of business as NPNG.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amiaris View Post
My studio partner in London has ordered 4 pre amps worth $5000 and paid for to NPNG. The communication had be good till last May and since then he has not responded to any emails. We have all the correspondence between the studio and Karl and all receipts of payment.
Does anyone have any news on NPNG and Karl? Before my mate proceeds legally and publishes the case maybe some of you know something we dont? If Karl has any personal issues that could explain doing a runner with $5000?
Any help would be appreciated
Old 14th September 2019
Gear Addict

Never heard of NPNG until today, what are these preamps?
Old 17th September 2019
Gear Nut

thanks

Quote:
i have no knowledge of the current business side...but on a personal note he called me yesterday to say a loss in his family will be bringing him to S Florida and he will be in touch. I will remind him to reply to his customers...even at this difficult time
Did you manage to get any news from Karl?
Old 17th September 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainCheck123 View Post
Never heard of NPNG until today, what are these preamps?
I once heared a direct comparison between API, Neve, v72 and npng.

I liked npng most. Sounded "most natural" to me. Whatever that means to others.

I hope Karl wakes up from his communicational sleep. Most worrying situation
Old 17th September 2019
Lives for gear

Here's hoping that Karl is getting back to normal soon. For his sake alone, but also for mine because I was thinking of adding another 4 channels of npng to the 4 I have . . .
Old 17th September 2019
Gear Addict

that's the thing about boutique, a lot of these guys are just getting by as it is teetering a line of being able to JUST keeping things going or not... so some trajedy happens or they slip down their basement stairs to their lab...

#1 rule, don't buy anything that needs to be built. It should already be built and be ready to be sold.
Old 17th September 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Did you manage to get any news from Karl?
we just spoke ...hes here in Miami dealing with family issue & i have invited him & his brother over for dinner
I will bring up your concerns..and let him know to give you an update
Old 17th September 2019
Gear Nut

thanks

Quote:
we just spoke ...hes here in Miami dealing with family issue & i have invited him & his brother over for dinner
Thank you for that.
I shall pm you my email so Karl can remember the case / order.
Old 23rd September 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
what studio is that in your pic?
Old 9th December 2019
Lives for gear

Although he is still somewhat hard to reach, I am in contact with Karl. He has had several severe family issues, and asks you all to hold on. There are some new and - to me - pretty exciting units planned.
Old 11th December 2019
Quote:
Thank you for that.
I shall pm you my email so Karl can remember the case / order.
Did you ever get your money back?
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
🎙️ View mentioned gear