The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Is NPNG still in business?
Old 11th December 2019
Gear Addict

As you get older, sometimes life can throw you a real curveball. Things out of your control, and sometimes health and family take priority, without your choice. I would suggest working with Adam or as you know him here as Doc. He would know what Karl is up to and when he will be able to get product out.
Old 11th December 2019
70% Coffee, 30% Beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzone View Post
As you get older, sometimes life can throw you a real curveball. Things out of your control, and sometimes health and family take priority, without your choice. I would suggest working with Adam or as you know him here as Doc. He would know what Karl is up to and when he will be able to get product out.
It sure does, bzone! Thanks for the mention.

Here is the good news. NPNG is still alive and breathing. But he is re-tooling the NPNG product line up.

The QMP/DMP Quad and Dual Mic Preamp units with external power supplies are just too expensive to build in the current climate. Diehilo Direct Boxes are still available though Karl can build up a unit in one day! They are 2-channels of Active DI for $250

Again, its truly a blessing to say, my long time friend and colleague Karl, is healthy and well. He is dealing with tons of ****ty non-audio things..so bare with him and his Company. He is very busy doing service and installation work at Local Studios.

He is a very in demand technician for the local Atlanta area. He has a few dealers, (many have posted this thread) and they would be your best chance to purchase and get support on NPNG products.

NPNG will construct another fresh web site when he gets finished re-tooling the product line. In the meantime, NPNG dealers are your best resource for "what's going on".

peace
a.j.b

Last edited by Doc Mixwell; 11th December 2019 at 04:40 PM..
Old 11th December 2019
Lives for gear

Thank you, Adam!
Old 28th June 2020
Lives for gear

I'm very sorry to have to bump this thread with this sad news but I just got a notice on Facebook from NPNG - it's a post from Elle, Karl's Daughter informing the audio community that Karl has been diagnosed with advanced liver cancer

I've never met him but I do love my NPNG preamp and my heart and well wishes go out to him and his family.

I've attached a screenshot for those of you not on facebook

They've set up a go fund me for him https://www.gofundme.com/f/uplift-ka...UUtlHgfq4pCUpQ
Attached Thumbnails
Is NPNG still in business?-screen-shot-2020-06-28-2.42.20-pm.jpg  
Old 29th June 2020
Lives for gear

All my best wishes to Karl. I hope my small amount will help and that many others will join in on https://www.gofundme.com/f/uplift-ka...UUtlHgfq4pCUpQ.
Old 6th August 2020
Lives for gear

sorry to post this but Karl lost his fight with liver cancer yesterday.
Be well
Old 6th August 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEHARRIS View Post
sorry to post this but Karl lost his fight with liver cancer yesterday.
Be well
I had gotten word he'd been moved home for Hospice care in the last few days. I hope he was comfortable in his final days.

RIP
Old 7th August 2020
Lives for gear
Really sorry to hear about this. Great talent!
Old 7th August 2020
Gear Addict

Very sad - my condolences to his friends and family. We have very little time here - make every day count.
Old 7th August 2020
Lives for gear

This is heartbreaking. I hope you're making everyone up there as happy as you made people down here Karl. Be easy brother.
Old 7th August 2020
Gear Addict

QMP-4NW serial number 001 will continue making music, hopefully outliving all of us. Karl talked music and recording with such enthusiasm. His equipment, and his inspiring personality, will not be forgotten.
Attached Thumbnails
Is NPNG still in business?-08133edc-01f5-44cc-b16c-f6092e66731e.jpg  
Old 8th August 2020
Lives for gear

Karl Lives ! I think of him often when I fire up my NPNG channels. Best wishes to his family.
Old 9th August 2020
Gear Head

Such sad news. I rarely ever post here but felt moved as his preamp is my absolute favorite. Such a large, warm and detailed inspiring sound. Life is precious God bless his family.
Old 9th August 2020
Lives for gear

Heard a lot of great things about his preamps over the years. Never had the pleasure of using one. RIP.
Old 9th August 2020
Gear Maniac

Very sad!
I had a chance to talk with him a few times and he was a really lovely guy!
Positive vibrations to his family!
Old 10th August 2020
Lives for gear

Sad news. Saw that today.
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
🎙️ View mentioned gear