The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
PMC Result6 - Any New Feedback On These?
Old 18th April 2019
Lives for gear

PMC Result6 - Any New Feedback On These?

Hi all,

I'm looking at a pair of PMC Result6s, as the title suggests.

Is there any new feedback, commentary, or any new users out there that can share their experience of these monitors?
I'm particularly keen to hear from those who mix rock music, some electronica, and orchestral stuff.
Old 18th April 2019
Here for the gear

Went through a long hunt for monitors that included me hitting all the LA pro audio demo rooms and listening to probably 15-20 sets of speakers under 5K. Most of them were great, but I went with the Result6s due to the fact that my room isn't that huge so I don't need an 8 inch speaker, but foremost the sound. The twotwo6s/8s would be a consideration if I needed more volume, but the Result6s have some particular features different from the others. They have their own sonic stamp like every speaker, but its a stamp I haven't heard before or in other speakers necessarily. I wouldn't call it exactly scooped because I don't feel like I'm missing any frequencies when mixing/listening, but the twotwo6s/8s seemed to have a bit more mids to my ears. Definitely in the same family, just a little more low-mid info I feel like, which I wasn't a particular fan of. Also, the stereo imaging thing they've done with the fins on the Result6s are really nice. Once I got them in my room and went through tracks I've been listening to for years, I was able to very clearly hear panning subtleties that I wasn't hearing before. Especially if you have a well treated room and some thick stands with about 60-70 inches between the speakers.

I feel like everything I've mixed on them has translated very very well. The bass is very clear to my ears, and the Result6s go pretty damn low into the 30s I think. I think they're great speakers but thats just my experience. You honestly need to go hear them against other speakers to really get an idea. I read about them online for a long time before going to demo them, and once I did everything I'd read just went out the window cause I was immediately able to get a personal opinion on them.
Old 18th April 2019
Lives for gear

I heard them and thought they sounded great. Very hi-fi. Clean, clear, full, whatever adjective. Whether they will work for you when mixing only your own use will tell. I do agree that for their size they have a nice deep bass.
Old 18th April 2019
Lives for gear

For me it’s between these and ATC SCM12 or 20s.
Old 19th April 2019
Gear Nut

Love them, add the sub if your material needs the extra 15 hz bass extension.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search