The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
DSP Doctor closed? Condenser Microphones
Old 12th April 2019
Gear Addict

DSP Doctor closed?

Anyone heard if they are closed? I ordered something online and have zero communication and now their website is down...but my card was charged. And...no one is answering the phones...

Anyone heard anything from them?
Old 12th April 2019
Lives for gear

DSP Doctor's website's server does not respond and its Facebook page is gone.

Echoes of Mercenary?
Old 12th April 2019
Gear Addict

Ugh!! Hope I can get the purchase cancelled and my money back quickly
Old 13th April 2019
Gear Addict

Update:
Unfortunately Jay did have to close shop. He was super nice and quickly corrected the purchase. I hate seeing boutique shops go under due to the big boys. ☹️
Old 13th April 2019
Gear Nut

Damn, that is bad news. They had a great selection.
Old 13th April 2019
Sorry to hear this if it’s true. Jay is one of the good guys in the biz IME. The industry is definitely different than it was!!
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

I had sent my Gefell M910 to them to be bulk sent to Gefell for repair right before they closed. I have heard nothing from them and feeling doomed. Does anyone have contact info for DSP Doctor? Any other ideas on how to track them down? Thanks
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lantzpantz View Post
I had sent my Gefell M910 to them to be bulk sent to Gefell for repair right before they closed. I have heard nothing from them and feeling doomed. Does anyone have contact info for DSP Doctor? Any other ideas on how to track them down? Thanks
You should contact Gefell directly to see if your mic made it to Gefell. If it did, you should be able to complete the transaction with Gefell. If it didn't make it there, that's not good.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Really sorry to hear that Jay had to close the business. He is a good guy. I was a customer and I liked the way he did things. Very competitive and tough out there for pro audio sellers / dealers / advisors.
Old 3 weeks ago
JJT
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by NathanEldred View Post
Jay is one of the good guys in the biz IME
I strongly disagree. I had awful, horrible, inacceptable customer service from him.
I will never again do bussiness with this guy under any of his future companies, and I advise everyone to avoid him. Ignore this at your own risk.

To me, it makes perfect sense (and is a good thing) that DSP Doctor is gone. I'm glad it's finally closed. Without Adam all that was left was Jay, and no company can survive when their clients receive the treatment I got from him.

My experience with Adam was completely different. He is great. I would do bussiness with him any day. Highly recommended.
Old 3 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJT View Post
I strongly disagree. I had awful, horrible, inacceptable customer service from him.
I will never again do bussiness with this guy under any of his future companies, and I advise everyone to avoid him. Ignore this at your own risk.

To me, it makes perfect sense (and is a good thing) that DSP Doctor is gone. I'm glad it's finally closed. Without Adam all that was left was Jay, and no company can survive when their clients receive the treatment I got from him.

My experience with Adam was completely different. He is great. I would do bussiness with him any day. Highly recommended.
Sorry to hear that something negative happened
Old 6 days ago
Here for the gear

I bought $1000 of gear from them a year ago. I only got half of it. Jay ignored all my calls and messages until his business closed. He scammed me for $585
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

his ebay shop still looks open. i don't know how active it is, but there was a mic i was thinking of buying. i guess not now. :/
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdelsolray View Post

Echoes of Mercenary?
That was a different circumstance
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrischoir View Post
That was a different circumstance
Definitely. Mercenary was Fletcher building up a certain trust with the name, then tossing it all out of the window leaving people to get burned by the new owners.

In his defense he did say once that he named it Mercenary because when the money was gone, so was he.
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ionian View Post
Definitely. Mercenary was Fletcher building up a certain trust with the name, then tossing it all out of the window leaving people to get burned by the new owners.

In his defense he did say once that he named it Mercenary because when the money was gone, so was he.
Fletcher sold the business though and had no control over what his successors (term used lightly) did. Fletcher is a great guy and was a very honest business man. While he wasn't the first boutique dealer he was one of the best and really did a great job with racked console mic pres and alike back in the day. He called it Mercenary audio because he sold killer audio gear!!!
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search