The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Neumann KH 750 - read before you buy it
Old 7th August 2020
Gear Addict

I usually mix at around 75dB and i never felt the kh310s struggled with bass but with bass heavy music i can hear the difference straight away but only because i had the kh750 to compare it with. The analogy would be driving a car with 2 people vs 4.

With the K+H o300 i had before they definitely needed subs to help them. The kh310s not so much but the whole system sounds better and has more power.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adl View Post
Thanks for the detailed answer!
I had the Adam A7 monitors with an Adam Sub before I switched to the Neumanns and felt that I lost a little bit of bass, but not that much. But I could definitely hear clearer when I set a lowcut to like 28Hz or 32Hz, compared to the Neumanns without a sub. Still not to keen to integrate a sub again, as the room is practically the living room even though it is treated with a Bass trap and some broadband absorbers. But the opening up on the 310's when used with a sub sounds interesting. Do you think this is especially when mixing rather loud? Like 80dB and up?
Old 11th August 2020
Any word on the street from Neumann about a macOS desktop version of the Neumann.Control app? Or even an iOS phone ready version? Thinking about adding the KH 750 to my KH80s but don't currently own an iPad or want to buy one just to take advantage of setting this thing up.
Old 11th August 2020
Lives for gear

Same here. I was thinking hard about these but am now thinking twice - no offense to any brand but I just don’t trust any (non-software) brand to maintain their proprietary software for the long term.

I wish it had simple controls on the speaker like the 310
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Head
iPad

I own a pair of KH120's. I am awaiting a KH750 sub to arrive in the next few days. I'm a bit confused as to whether there is an additional level of DSP adjustability using the KH750 with the KH80DSP as opposed to my current KH120's? Is there any advantage of using the 80DSP over the 120 because of the "DSP" designation in the 80 and the 80 beingdesigned with the feature set in mind?

Also, once you use the iPad to set things up will I need it after being dialed in? In other words can I borrow my grandmas iPad to set it all up and then return it back to her, or do I need to have the iPad booted and on my desktop to utilize the features in realtime.

Last edited by Phunkfarm; 3 weeks ago at 04:29 PM..
Old 2 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Do you think guys the combination of Neumann KH80 + kh750 would be good for a small room (4x3 meters) with Acoustic Treatment from Hofa. My budget is 2200 euros.

I have worked with Adam S2A and S2V a long period of time and I love them, but they are out of my budget.

I have read good reviews about Neumann, flat response down to 20hz.

I would like to hear what you think, your recommendations and experience. Really appreciate it. thanks!
Old 2 weeks ago
SRS
Lives for gear

Yes
Old 6 days ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamaoka86 View Post
Integration is flawless. Extension down to 18Hz has almost the same behavior like the Kh310 in terms of tonality and speed. The KH310 really grow so much in every aspects.

If you set the dspEQ properly the bass is so clean down to 20Hz. Also got the Kh120, Kh80 here for some testing. These two works fine with KH750 but you really miss the warm gentle mid Range from the KH310.

Kh80/kh120 with Kh750 lack a bit of mid warmth imho. Kh80 are a tad more coherent and faster transient then kh310.

But..Kh310/kh750 just sounds so natural and right in every aspect to me. Besides audible check I was often take a look at my Rme Adi 2Dac graphic analyzer, everything audible comes from kh310/kh750 coinciding exactly with the RME Analyzer.

Had also the Genelec 8831 here for some test with kh750 but find them too bright and lack in mid warmth. Same behavior like Kh80/kh120, should be the cabinet size in general.

Kh750 dsp App is a lifesaver in bad environment like mine. Its a similar solution to GLM if you can use REW with a calibrated mic. We rebuild our house and I have to work in a temporary space.

I fixed the FR with kh750, works great despites the time domain issues in this room. Attached is before/after FR, great compromise for the next month in this space.
This looks quite interesting for me as I have a very odd 36 HZ peak with a reverb time close to a second. If the KH 750 can fix this, I'm going to take one.
Old 6 days ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by NathanEldred View Post
Whatever sounds good for your room should be used and there are no definitive rules; but to point a few things out:

80 Hz crossover is the standard for THX systems, and most people using systems for music set the subs differently. 50 Hz or so is still directional and is beneficial to hear from the stereo mains.

In general you want to set the subwoofer crossover to 1.5 octave above the -3db low point of the mains.

One subwoofer is generally not optimum, and can actually cause more problems in a room. Two subwoofers are usually better as they excite the bass peaks and dips less than one sub.
What is the rational of the last statement of using two subs rather then just one? Depends that also of phase and positioning of the sub or basically just because of the SPL potential?
📝 Reply