The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Neumann KH 750 - read before you buy it
Old 15th February 2020
Does this app supports two KH750s?
Old 16th February 2020
Gear Nut

Also interested to know if would work well with 310a's, in say medium sized room
Old 22nd April 2020
Gear Maniac

Can two of these be used in stereo?
Also, any word if crossover options are possible when paired with non-Neumann monitors?
Old 22nd April 2020
Gear Addict

I am interested in this as well as I am currently looking at getting a pair of them. I already have the KH80 and the KH310 and in the Neumann Control app I can't seem to be able to add a second sub to the configuration in demo mode. I am starting to think that it is not possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ari88 View Post
Also, any word if crossover options are possible when paired with non-Neumann monitors?
Old 25th April 2020
SRS
Lives for gear

Quote:
You can use multiple subs in the system and they can be used with other monitors wherein the crossover freqs are adjustable. The manuals cover these situations pretty thoroughly.
Old 25th April 2020
Here for the gear

Actually I can’t use two 750 in the same app setup. Neumann also changed the Description in there manual, there are no multi subs anymore listed.

Also Manual crossover Did not work at this time. Fixed at 80Hz.

I talked to the neumann staff on phone. I can use two subs, but you have to work with a second app setup. Only one sub in every setup.

I use the kh750 with a pair of k310 and will add another 750 soon. Kh750 matches the kh310 so well in tonality, must have imho.
Old 26th April 2020
Gear Addict

This was my fear from using the app with the KH80. There was no way I could add a second sub to any configuration.

How is the integration with the KH310s in terms of the app and the correction? I am planning to get a KH750 to try with my KH310s and KH80s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamaoka86 View Post
Actually I can’t use two 750 in the same app setup. Neumann also changed the Description in there manual, there are no multi subs anymore listed.

Also Manual crossover Did not work at this time. Fixed at 80Hz.

I talked to the neumann staff on phone. I can use two subs, but you have to work with a second app setup. Only one sub in every setup.

I use the kh750 with a pair of k310 and will add another 750 soon. Kh750 matches the kh310 so well in tonality, must have imho.
Old 26th April 2020
SRS
Lives for gear

I did not realize they had changed that feature. I was looking at the manual I have for mine. Apologize for that. And I don't use any of the Neumann software to set mine up. Just used the pots and switches on them to set them for my room.
Old 26th April 2020
Here for the gear

Integration is flawless. Extension down to 18Hz has almost the same behavior like the Kh310 in terms of tonality and speed. The KH310 really grow so much in every aspects.

If you set the dspEQ properly the bass is so clean down to 20Hz. Also got the Kh120, Kh80 here for some testing. These two works fine with KH750 but you really miss the warm gentle mid Range from the KH310.

Kh80/kh120 with Kh750 lack a bit of mid warmth imho. Kh80 are a tad more coherent and faster transient then kh310.

But..Kh310/kh750 just sounds so natural and right in every aspect to me. Besides audible check I was often take a look at my Rme Adi 2Dac graphic analyzer, everything audible comes from kh310/kh750 coinciding exactly with the RME Analyzer.

Had also the Genelec 8831 here for some test with kh750 but find them too bright and lack in mid warmth. Same behavior like Kh80/kh120, should be the cabinet size in general.

Kh750 dsp App is a lifesaver in bad environment like mine. Its a similar solution to GLM if you can use REW with a calibrated mic. We rebuild our house and I have to work in a temporary space.

I fixed the FR with kh750, works great despites the time domain issues in this room. Attached is before/after FR, great compromise for the next month in this space.

Quote:
Originally Posted by msflsim View Post
This was my fear from using the app with the KH80. There was no way I could add a second sub to any configuration.

How is the integration with the KH310s in terms of the app and the correction? I am planning to get a KH750 to try with my KH310s and KH80s
Attached Thumbnails
Neumann KH 750 - read before you buy it-vorher_nachher.jpg  
Old 26th April 2020
Lives for gear

I’m currently using an Eve TS108 sub with my KH120’s. I picked one up on a special deal for £400 brand new and it works really well in my room. Also, the remote control feature is fantastic.

However, the KH750 has onboard DSP which is designed to integrate with the Neumann range and I’m wondering if this will offer any additional advantages to use with my KH120’s?
Old 26th April 2020
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by dickiefunk View Post
I’m currently using an Eve TS108 sub with my KH120’s. I picked one up on a special deal for £400 brand new and it works really well in my room. Also, the remote control feature is fantastic.

However, the KH750 has onboard DSP which is designed to integrate with the Neumann range and I’m wondering if this will offer any additional advantages to use with my KH120’s?
I'm wondering the same thing - I've got a Presonus Temblor T10, but definitely looking for more refinement / control in the <50Hz area.

Love my KH120, so not really looking for any changes there, just figuring that the KH750 will match up better (and obviously be a big step up!).

I need to dig into the control software stuff and any limitations. From the rear panel it looks like the KH750 has a fixed crossover at 80hz? Whilst this is actually pretty close to what i've got my T10 set to, be good to have some variable crossover control.

The other thing I like about the T10 is the footswitch, that allows me to disable the sub, and go full range on the 120s - any way to bypass the KH750 in a similar way from the control app? (can't see any footswitch documented)
Old 26th April 2020
Here for the gear

Quite funny, came from kh120/Eve ts108 Sub. imho the TS108 ist a really great Sub at all. I also compared the ts108 against Temblor 10 and find the ts108 immediately better in my 20qm2 room. Ts108 integrates very well with kh120.

I would say the ts108 ist really a great match for the kh120. The kh750 10" driver works way better in my space then the Temblor 10".

As I said before, I find the kh120/kh750 lacking a bit in the lower mid range which the kh310/kh750 represents fine.

The Kh750 complement Kh310 almost perfect. U can't hear any crossover if setup correctly. The dsp implementation makes it as a whole system and helps me a lot to get a more precise Stereo Image and Depth.

Quote:

Old 26th April 2020
Here for the gear

You can bypass the Bass Management for Subwoofer only in the Neumann app. should be possible to mute the sub unit. You Can also bypass the EQ Settings an any Speaker channel separately. Very helpful for the setup process while u change EQ settings.

Crossover fixed at 80Hz. Don't know why Neumann planned some options but didn't deliver.. a bit annoying, but I'm very happy with the kh750 at all. Imho Temblor T10 can't compete with the sealed kh750 dsp at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gollumsluvslave View Post
I'm wondering the same thing - I've got a Presonus Temblor T10, but definitely looking for more refinement / control in the <50Hz area.

Love my KH120, so not really looking for any changes there, just figuring that the KH750 will match up better (and obviously be a big step up!).

I need to dig into the control software stuff and any limitations. From the rear panel it looks like the KH750 has a fixed crossover at 80hz? Whilst this is actually pretty close to what i've got my T10 set to, be good to have some variable crossover control.

The other thing I like about the T10 is the footswitch, that allows me to disable the sub, and go full range on the 120s - any way to bypass the KH750 in a similar way from the control app? (can't see any footswitch documented)
Old 26th April 2020
Lives for gear

Hardware company meets the joys of software engineering.

Feel bad for them, somebody is going bonkers in there. Somebody very lonely, most likely.
Old 26th April 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Quite funny, came from kh120/Eve ts108 Sub. imho the TS108 ist a really great Sub at all. I also compared the ts108 against Temblor 10 and find the ts108 immediately better in my 20qm2 room. Ts108 integrates very well with kh120.

I would say the ts108 ist really a great match for the kh120. The kh750 10" driver works way better in my space then the Temblor 10".

As I said before, I find the kh120/kh750 lacking a bit in the lower mid range which the kh310/kh750 represents fine.

The Kh750 complement Kh310 almost perfect. U can't hear any crossover if setup correctly. The dsp implementation makes it as a whole system and helps me a lot to get a more precise Stereo Image and Depth.
Yes the Eve TS108 completely exceeded my expectations and is working really well with my KH120's

I would naturally expect the Neumann KH750 to go louder and deeper but I'm also wondering if it will add any extra DSP processing to the KH120's that the Eve TS108 does?
Old 26th April 2020
Gear Maniac

I briefly tried using my Eve TS107 with my KH80 and was pretty unsatisfied. Obvs room acoustics etc etc but there was a massive trough in the frequency response any way I tried setting it up. The Eve subwoofer is not great imo, I'd be much more interested in the Neumann one apart from...

Quote:
Originally Posted by uOpt View Post
Hardware company meets the joys of software engineering.

Feel bad for them, somebody is going bonkers in there. Somebody very lonely, most likely.
I don't. I talked to the development department when they were constantly pushing back the control app. I trusted in the Neumann brand and was frustrated waiting for it to come out.

As it happens, anyone know where the analogue emulation low latency mode is for the KH80? Unless I can't see it in the app it seems to be vaporware.
Old 26th April 2020
Lives for gear

mybe worth noting (again) that there's nothing wrong the audio performance of the kh-750 - it's the networking of multiple kh speakers which is poorly implemented/has clear limits, something which is pretty hard to understand though...

[did someone try to control the sub(s) on a separate network?]
Old 26th April 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaykaynotk View Post
I briefly tried using my Eve TS107 with my KH80 and was pretty unsatisfied. Obvs room acoustics etc etc but there was a massive trough in the frequency response any way I tried setting it up. The Eve subwoofer is not great imo, I'd be much more interested in the Neumann one apart from...
What frequency were you hearing the trough?
Old 26th April 2020
Here for the gear

The Neumann staff said the application adjust the volume for the Sub while choosing your Neumann monitors. In my case the sub was adjust to -4dB in a kh310 stereo setup. But.. that's something you do anyway.

The kh750 also correct the phase for the Neumann analog monitors while using the analog outputs (only). They told me if I wanna use two kh750 in a stereo setup I should use a Y split cable for dual mono subs. Thats what im planning to go for in the near future as im totally happy with the performance of my kh750.

Quote:
Yes the Eve TS108 completely exceeded my expectations and is working really well with my KH120's

I would naturally expect the Neumann KH750 to go louder and deeper but I'm also wondering if it will add any extra DSP processing to the KH120's that the Eve TS108 does?
Old 27th April 2020
Gear Maniac

@ Yamaoka86

Are you using a single sub or stereo pair with your 310s?
Old 27th April 2020
Here for the gear

I’m currently using a single sub. I’ll buy a second one when rebuild is finished and back in my studio room.

Quote:
@ Yamaoka86

Are you using a single sub or stereo pair with your 310s?
Old 27th April 2020
Gear Maniac

Quote:
I’m currently using a single sub. I’ll buy a second one when rebuild is finished and back in my studio room.
Please report back when you do. I’m curious to hear your results.
Also, did adding the sub make the 310s more effortless in any way by easing the bass driver for not having to play lower frequencies? Did low mids become more clear or anything?
Old 27th April 2020
Here for the gear

There is an audible difference. Kh310 obtain a wider Stereo Image and depth also more Micro Details. This change was more present with kh120 while adding a sub tho.

kh310 goes deep by themself but not bottom feeling. Combined with kh750 feels overall stronger like a bigger Cabinet size because the sub isn't noticeable as a separate unit. That's my impression so far. As always, try before buy.

Quote:
Please report back when you do. I’m curious to hear your results.
Also, did adding the sub make the 310s more effortless in any way by easing the bass driver for not having to play lower frequencies? Did low mids become more clear or anything?
Old 1st May 2020
Gear Head

I'm on the cusp of purchasing either the KH120, or KH 80 +KH750, there's great insight here !

I'll be working in a pretty small room (8ft x 8ft) so if anyone could advise on my choice it would be much appreciated.
DSP aside, Is there anything that the KH 80 +KH75 can do that the KH120 can't. I'm trying to justify the added $1000 if go with the KH80 and sub rather than KH120.

Also regarding the sub, is there anything to be said for using a less expensive sub with the KH80? I guess it entirely defeats the purpose of the DSP.
Old 1st May 2020
Gear Addict

To start with, the KH80 already sound better, more focused than the KH120 from what I've heard. And that is without the KH750 and its dsp thrown into the mix. The KH750 was designed with KH80 in mind. Killer combination.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyro View Post
I'm on the cusp of purchasing either the KH120, or KH 80 +KH750, there's great insight here !

I'll be working in a pretty small room (8ft x 8ft) so if anyone could advise on my choice it would be much appreciated.
DSP aside, Is there anything that the KH 80 +KH75 can do that the KH120 can't. I'm trying to justify the added $1000 if go with the KH80 and sub rather than KH120.

Also regarding the sub, is there anything to be said for using a less expensive sub with the KH80? I guess it entirely defeats the purpose of the DSP.
Old 3rd May 2020
Here for the gear

I was on kh120 for about 5 years daily routine and tested the kh80 for one month. The kh80 ist the way to go, way better stereo image and depth, even more coherent than KH310 in the upper mid/high region. But lack a bit of warmth in the lower mid why I'd chosen the kh310+kh750 over kh80+kh750.

Kh80+kh750 really bang for the buck in that price region.

Quote:

Old 3rd May 2020
Gear Head

Quote:
I was on kh120 for about 5 years daily routine and tested the kh80 for one month. The kh80 ist the way to go, way better stereo image and depth, even more coherent than KH310 in the upper mid/high region. But lack a bit of warmth in the lower mid why I'd chosen the kh310+kh750 over kh80+kh750.

Kh80+kh750 really bang for the buck in that price region.
Thanks ! My room is 8ft x 8ft so I think the kh310 might be overkill.
Having worked on Adam A7x for years, it feels strange to upgrade to such a small speaker but I'm confident there will be an upgrade in audio.
Old 3rd May 2020
Here for the gear

I know Adam very well, had a bunch them a7 p11 p22 s3a a7x in my studio. Liked the s3a and old a7 the most. Kh80 isn’t that aggressive sounding as the a7x.

Didn’t like the ribbon tweeter any more since I moved to the kh120 several years ago. Adam is to harsh imo, prefer more silky sounding tweeter these days.

Quote:
Thanks ! My room is 8ft x 8ft so I think the kh310 might be overkill.
Having worked on Adam A7x for years, it feels strange to upgrade to such a small speaker but I'm confident there will be an upgrade in audio.
Old 3rd May 2020
Gear Head

I worked on the A7X for years and liked them, but like you I went off the ribbon tweeter after some time.

I've actually never worked with a sub in my setup before, so the KH80 with a sub is going to be somehting new for me. I had considered the Focal Shape 50 or even Genelec in the interest of getting a bigger speaker that could handle more bass, but I think I will be well served by a sub as I work on alot of music with subbass.

Quote:
I know Adam very well, had a bunch them a7 p11 p22 s3a a7x in my studio. Liked the s3a and old a7 the most. Kh80 isn’t that aggressive sounding as the a7x.

Didn’t like the ribbon tweeter any more since I moved to the kh120 several years ago. Adam is to harsh imo, prefer more silky sounding tweeter these days.
Old 3rd May 2020
Lives for gear

I’m using the KH120’s with an Eve TS108 sub and really like this combo. However, I’ve been wondering if the KH750dsp applies any DSP to the KH120’s? If it did, wouldn’t it kinda be like having KH120 DSP’s?? If the KH750 does apply DSP to the KH120’s to improve them I would be quite interested in this but the TS108 is working well and the remote control that comes with it is a real workflow asset for me!
📝 Reply