The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
The Piece of Gear that Actually DID Bring You Success?
Old 2nd April 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by drBill View Post

Note - almost all of those were all "back in the day" when gear brought in business. At this point in time, I'm not sure we're playing on the same playing field. I'm no longer convinced that gear will bring in work these days. Thinking outside the box, and buying what makes you CREATIVE is what will change your paradigm.
You're forgetting the new micro-ssl. Wait until the a&r departments clock that mix fixer.

Seriously though I think it's the feel of the space and the recordist/producer.
My church beats out all my gear for that jaw dropping experience and I dread to think how much my gear and experience is worth.
Old 2nd April 2019
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul_G View Post
You're forgetting the new micro-ssl. Wait until the a&r departments clock that mix fixer.

Seriously though I think it's the feel of the space and the recordist/producer.
My church beats out all my gear for that jaw dropping experience and I dread to think how much my gear and experience is worth.
Hahaaaa! I'm sure you're right. SSL will sell probably 5,000 worldwide JUST to people who need to say I have an SSL "console". heh heh

But yeah, the Church of St. Paul G -- and his beloved followers - the devoted racks of gear. AWESOME!!! Seriously though - I'm jealous. It must be amazingly inspirational and awesome sounding to have that. No doubt about it!!! I love my room, but it ain't no church. Much less the church of paul.....
Old 24th May 2019
Lives for gear

Success? As in successfully getting the sounds I had always wanted to achieve? Same as crestifer... Coles 4038's. Game changers for me. I was finally able to get with ease that opulent low end and engaging midrange without a spastic top end, regardless the distance from the source. The other game changers were all monitor, room, and instrument related for me.

Success from a business perspective... never really pushed that one too much. I've never been much of a wise business person.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search