The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Electrodyne Summing Mixer & Chandler Mini Mixer Summing Mixers
Old 20th March 2019
Here for the gear

Electrodyne Summing Mixer & Chandler Mini Mixer

Hello all,
I use the Chandler Mini Rack Mixer for my summing needs, however I'm very curious how the new Electrodyne Summing Mixer would stack up against it. The Electrodyne doesn't have transformers on every input channel, but even still, I wonder. Anybody happen to AB these 2? I love the idea of slimming down my rack profile to a 1RU summing mixer if I could still achieve a similar size. I know the color will be completely different. I generally keep the level pots wide open as much as possible anyway, and if I do need to trim down, I can do it on the outboard inserts. I used to use an API 8200/7800 summing system before the Chandler, but the Chandler just came out bigger when I did mixes through both systems. I also owned the Dangerous 2bus LT before the API system.

I really love the Electrodyne stuff coming out from Pete's Place Audio. The 501 is still one of my favorite pre's, and I do really love the 511 eq's so if the new summing mixer gets anywhere near the same bigness as the Chandler, I'd seriously consider the change over. I really love the sound of the Chandler, but these days I could use some of that physical space back. I would hate to lose out on the size of the mix however so if anyone has some thoughts, I'd love to hear it. Thanks.
Old 5th April 2019
Gear Maniac

I am also curious about the Electrodyne summing station. I’ve already watched the few videos I can find that talk about it, but I haven’t heard anything from any owners.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search