The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Vocal Preamp Recommendations For Today's Top40 Music Condenser Microphones
Old 12th March 2019
Here for the gear

Vocal Preamp Recommendations For Today's Top40 Music

Hey Gents,

I need a recommendation on a mic pre best suited for your mainstream cookie cutter pop tracks, lots of in your face-ness and clarity. I've already read through about a 100 different threads here and everyone seems to have a different opinion, I know it comes down to personal taste dependant on the colouration you desire however I'm looking for a general consensus can't-go-wrong opinion here.

Waiting on a Manley Reference Gold to arrive so that's what I'll be pairing it with. I also have a Rode NTK but I don't think that'll get much use with this new mic. Budget is flexible but I don't want to spend anything less than $2,000 USD.

Looking forward to your recommendations. Thanks
Old 13th March 2019
Hardy M-1. It doesn't get much better.
Old 13th March 2019
Lives for gear

Mic pr amps are designed to be neutral to begin with. At that price point they are all first class.

Enjoy!

Andre
Old 14th March 2019
Gear Nut

I have a Manley Gold typically Paired with a Neve 1073 then a CL1B and it is the Pop sound exactly for a lot of vocalists that we work with!
Probably any pre in the 1073 style will give you what you want! I suggest the Aurora GTQC! Ours is currently with one of my producers that records in a different location but whenever we have it in the studio I sometimes prefer it to the Neve!
Old 14th March 2019
tree audio the branch is the business
Old 14th March 2019
Lives for gear

Anything with clean gain.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search