The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Looking for best mic stands... Effects Pedals, Units & Accessories
Old 5th March 2019
Gear Nut
Looking for best mic stands...

Looking for the best mic stands...For rack toms specifically. cost is not an issue, any suggestions would be helpful. I have the orbit triad t-2's right now, is there anything better?
Old 5th March 2019
Lives for gear

You really need to be more specific here... “best” is totally subjective. What are your T2’s lacking? What mics are you hanging off them? What are you looking for in a mic stand?
Old 5th March 2019
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6_Three View Post
Looking for the best mic stands...For rack toms specifically. cost is not an issue, any suggestions would be helpful. I have the orbit triad t-2's right now, is there anything better?
IMHO the best are Orbit and Latch Lake with K&M giving excellent quality for the price.
Old 6th March 2019
Gear Nut
Quote:
Originally Posted by thismercifulfate View Post
What are your T2’s lacking? What mics are you hanging off them? What are you looking for in a mic stand?
They sag from their own weight when fully extended. The ball joints seem to get stressed easily and the twist clutches leave something to be desired. can never seem to keep them from slipping. The Latch Lake 1100 seem to be just a little too large for tom micing (MD 421, FET47, M88) Nothing to heavy. I know new products come out all the time so, Thought I'd ask around.
Old 6th March 2019
Lives for gear
The only thing better than Tri-orbit is latch lake.

You may want to blend some. Use the base from Tri-orbit or the Triangular base from Atlas. Then use the arms from Latch lake.

Take the Latch lake RB1100 and mount it on a Triorbit base.

Atlas base - Try with your existing Triorbit base first. Use this if not happy with Triorbit base.
Electric Guitars | Musician's Friend

The Latch lake arm:
RB1100 | Latch Lake Music

Last edited by elegentdrum; 6th March 2019 at 02:26 AM..
Old 6th March 2019
Lives for gear

The Atlas Platinum boom stands are the most sturdy meduim sized stands that I know of.
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search