The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Kii Control Issue?
Old 3rd March 2019
Here for the gear

Kii Control Issue?

I just got a pair of Kii Three speakers. I hooked them up using the Kii Control. One Cat 5 from the Thru to the In of the other speaker. For the Thru Speaker - I connected the Kii Control with the other Cat 5 to the In. I then connected my Roon endpoint (Sonore microRendu) via USB to the Kii Control. I proceeded to setup the microRendu in Roon.

After I completed the connections, I attempted to setup the device with the Kii Control to no avail. The Esc, Enter and Preset buttons light up - but when I hit Enter nothing appears in the display for setup. I cannot select USB on the Kii Control either.

Since nothing was working, I thought maybe if I tried to play something via Roon - it would begin responding. The music played through the Kii's - but it was deafening. I hope noting happened to the speakers or my hearing. The Kii's did not respond to the volume control. I had to scramble to shutoff the song via Roon - but it took about 10-15 seconds.

Any ideas on what may be wrong?

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search