The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
ADC from Focusrite Digital Converters
Old 1st March 2019
Gear Nut

ADC from Focusrite

Hi guys,

I have recently briefly used the FOCUSRITE Clarett Octopre on a simple session just as ADC from line level signals from neve preamps and have been quite impressed by the results. It was clocked via word clock from a much more expensive converter but still, the results were stellar on distant mics as well as close miked high dynamic range stuff.

It is ridiculously cheap, and I would normally never consider such "mundane" converters (I normally use Prism ADC and Weiss DAC) but my feeling is that they might be the bargain of the decade.

That said, it was only one session, in an unfamiliar studio, with unfamiliar mics.

Have you guys had some similar experiences or am I going deaf/dumb? :-D

To what would you compare the ADC quality?

Thanks in advance!

F.
Old 1st March 2019
Mastering Moderator

Your ears are fine, Focusrite conversion is indeed very good across the range. The Clarett being a mid-level product performs very well at a reasonable cost.
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search