The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Seeking recommendations for hybrid Console Mixers (Analog)
Old 27th February 2019
Lives for gear

Seeking recommendations for hybrid Console

So I've recently become interested in the Yamaha MGP32X for my home studio, once my wife and I purchase a house. (I'm well aware it was designed as a live board, and the drawbacks that entails) I like the setup of the Yamaha LS9-32 as well.. but I know that I want something that offers analogue capabilities.

The biggest drawback for me personally, is that the MGP has only 2 FX sends. I would prefer 4, although 2 is not a definite deal breaker.. as there are ways around this.

I am seeking recommendations for comparable Hybrid consoles at this time

Any, and all advice is welcome, and greatly appreciated

Thanks
Old 28th February 2019
Lives for gear

Anyone?

I could seriously use some advice
Old 1st March 2019
I’m on an Allen and Heath MixWiz WZ3, but it’s only 16 channels. There are 6 auxes though.

Maybe try the A&H GL series?
Old 1st March 2019
Lives for gear

wrong forum and wrong title/question...

there are but analog or digital consoles (both of which allow for a hybrid approach) but none of them are hybrid consoles. and none of the consoles mentioned above belong into the high end forum. finally, ask specific questions.
Old 1st March 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by deedeeyeah View Post
wrong forum and wrong title/question...

there are but analog or digital consoles (both of which allow for a hybrid approach) but none of them are hybrid consoles. and none of the consoles mentioned above belong into the high end forum. finally, ask specific questions.
Hybrid Analog-Digital Mixing Console, by UM Project - Core77

Midas VeniceU 16 Hybrid Analog Digital Mixing Desk VENICEU 16

Up to 25% Off - Musician's Friend

https://www.ebay.com/b/Analog-Digita...785/bn_7503805

Analog-Digital Hybrid Recording & Mixing | Is It The Future?

I've come across quite a few 'hybrid consoles' thus far. Care to explain how these aren't what they claim to be?

Secondly, The LS-9 is over $2000. That's not a small amount of money to me. I'm pretty sure it's a big purchase to a lot of people working in audio. Furthermore, I am seeking recommendations with no price range ceiling. If someone were to suggest a console that I'm unaware of, that suits my needs.. that costs over $5000... well... you get the point (hopefully)

Thanks so much for your useful suggestions through. You've been a real help.
Old 1st March 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshProduce View Post
Hybrid Analog-Digital Mixing Console, by UM Project - Core77

Midas VeniceU 16 Hybrid Analog Digital Mixing Desk VENICEU 16

Up to 25% Off - Musician's Friend

https://www.ebay.com/b/Analog-Digita...785/bn_7503805

Analog-Digital Hybrid Recording & Mixing | Is It The Future?

I've come across quite a few 'hybrid consoles' thus far. Care to explain how these aren't what they claim to be?

Secondly, The LS-9 is over $2000. That's not a small amount of money to me. I'm pretty sure it's a big purchase to a lot of people working in audio. Furthermore, I am seeking recommendations with no price range ceiling. If someone were to suggest a console that I'm unaware of, that suits my needs.. that costs over $5000... well... you get the point (hopefully)

Thanks so much for your useful suggestions through. You've been a real help.
fine if you've already found some gear which fits your needs; it's just that you're using inappropriate/wrong terminology (not per my definition but evolved historically).

there's nothing wrong to operate on the budget you mentioned but if you're having a look around here, you'll have to acknowledge that 'high end' for most folks means gear far beyond your price point.

good luck!
Old 1st March 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by deedeeyeah View Post
fine if you've already found some gear which fits your needs; it's just that you're using inappropriate/wrong terminology (not per my definition but evolved historically).

there's nothing wrong to operate on the budget you mentioned but if you're having a look around here, you'll have to acknowledge that 'high end' for most folks means gear far beyond your price point.

good luck!
this has already become far from what I was hoping for this thread..

So if it were $1500 for a monitor, it's high end.. but if it's $2000 for a console.. it's not?

Regardless, you haven't been helpful whatsoever

If a Moderator could kindly delete this thread, I'll repost it elsewhere so that I might receive some useful advice

Thanks
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search