The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Barefoot & Sonarworks issue
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

Barefoot & Sonarworks issue

Hey guys,

I’ve got the MM35 gen 2.

My room is treated pretty good, but not good enough to fix that 100hz issue that you see on the graph. We will be adding membranes and more treatment that will (hopefully) fix the low end issues.

I have been using an EQ to fix the low end problem, until today. I ordered the sonarworks Omni measurement mic and installed sonarworks.

It did a good job fixing the low end problem (better than just an EQ anyway).

But the reason I’m opening this thread is because of the high end that Sonarworks tames.

The graph that you see is the CORRECTION graph. This is what sonarworks applies to get a flat frequency response in my room.

Any boost in the 700hz area is comb filtering from my desk.

I don’t understand however why sonarworks is cuting the area above 9k or so. Quite a lot too.

Barefoots supposed to be +/- 1dB. My interface is ULN8 (3D). The mic is ofcoursed measured.

Again, the graph that you see is the correction. The response of the measurement is the invertion of what you see. What I don’t understand is why the high frequency bump.

Any ideas ?

Thanks
Alex
Attached Thumbnails
Barefoot & Sonarworks issue-f48e33b1-8ff3-4b3d-b303-ae1474630527.png  
Old 5 days ago
The environment can play a role in frequencies that high as well. So many factors that would cause what you're seeing like the environment those monitors were measured in compared to yours. Likely a huge difference there. I wouldn't read into it too much. Does it sound rolled off to you? If so, tilt it up until your ears are happy listening to your favorite reference mixes.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search