The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Anybody using Eventide for vocals?
Old 7th February 2019
Lives for gear
Anybody using Eventide for vocals?

After reading so many great things about the Eventide H7600/H8000 I was wondering if it makes sense these days (with all the great plugins out) to use this machine for vocal use.

Some of these modern pop songs have these awesome large chorus effects with harmonies and delays and I'm curious if lots of these are the sound of Eventide or plugs.

Most of this board when searching Eventide speaks of it for guitar use. Any of you guys using it for vocals and can vouch in 2019 that it can still beat software for this purpose?
Old 7th February 2019
Lives for gear
The hardware produces magic plugs don't. The eclipse is ok, but the real magic is any of the flagship units 3,4,4.5,Orvill,7,8 X1000

The 3000 is older and converters are a bit grainy....some really like that about it.

The 4000 is the cheapest used.

The newer ones cost an arm and a leg. Each step up is about 2X's the power of the last one. So much power now, they have more than 2 ins and outs.

I bet much of what you hear is also UAD plugs, Eventide plugs. Depends if they are all ITB.

Today, most have an M7 reverb and an FW8000 effects for a high and studio.
Delay is very personal....many options over the years.

The amount of processing power delivered by a new units is more than what a PC can do.
Old 7th February 2019
Lives for gear

of course eventides are worth buying: one cannot beat them for any delay effect and pitch shifter and all sorts of weird modulation! there's a new h9000 available: you might want to check this beast or grab a h8000 which some folks started dropping (due to the h9000).

regarding the use of eventides with vocals: i mostly use modulated micro-pitch shifters and short delays to widen the sound stage of vocals (as i sometimes do on guitars or other mono signals) and maybe small to medium rooms; i'm using other devices for emulating large rooms/halls though.

two h3500, one 4500 and an orville here - h9000 will be next!
Old 7th February 2019
Gear Maniac

The studio I work out of just picked up an H9000 and I normalled it to the Aux Sends & Returns of the Duality. Looking forward to playing with it! Only other significant verb we have is a PCM96; besides the likes of the old modest classics like the LXP15 and SPX90. Next we’ll pick up an M7 and I think we’ll be happy-enough with everything else being plug-ins; though a new Quantec would be cool too!
Old 8th February 2019
Here for the gear

I still use Eclipse and it has something that’s hard to create with plugins. No matter how obscure you get your sound is still natural sounding and always sits in the mix while some plugins just vanish or sound too processed and / or lofi after a hard tweaking. For lead vocals your lead effect has to be up to par especially if they have a big role in the song and that’s when those natural yet larger than life sounding Eventide effects kicks in. Clarity and quality is everything and Eventide comes through with that!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search