The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
What is your request from " Neumann "? Condenser Microphones
Old 5th February 2019
Gear Addict

What is your request from " Neumann "?

Hi guys .
I am big fan of Neumann I use this brand in my studio , always .
It's aurora of mic technology .
in 2017 some simulator company like Antelope - Slate digital , simulate microphone . and now I want to request from Neumann for doing this technology with big image and big power . because it's Neumann with D solution series in 2000 .
Now Neumann can be create one simulate microphone and saying " shot up " to other company .

what is your opinion people ?
Old 5th February 2019
Gear Nut

Well are the simulated mics that good? I never tried one.
Old 5th February 2019
Design some new capsules?
Old 5th February 2019
Gear Addict

84 Reissue, why not?
Old 5th February 2019
UGP
Gear Nut

The VF14 tube
Old 5th February 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattiasSwe View Post
Well are the simulated mics that good? I never tried one.
I test it in antelope it’s so easy and good . But it’s can be with more power from neumann
Old 5th February 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Williams View Post
Design some new capsules?
New capsule or new technology?!
Old 5th February 2019
Lives for gear

The king doesn't wallow in the mud with the pigs.
All the "emulations" so far are pretty sh*t.

Neumann should do as they do and stick to real microphones or bringing back desirable mics from their archives that are possible.
Old 5th February 2019
UGP
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by pentagon View Post
Neumann should do as they do and stick to real microphones or bringing back desirable mics from their archives that are possible.
And re-manufacture components critical to the Neumann heritage that will allow those vintage mics to continue to shine over the next 100 years.
Old 6th February 2019
Gear Addict
I’d like my U87 back that’s been on repair for 7 weeks now. That’d be great. Hope it’s having a nice time in Berlin though.
Old 6th February 2019
Gear Addict

I’d like a SDC with a nickel capsule and a tube in it.
Old 6th February 2019
Lives for gear

Vintage Line

I want them to continue with their vintage reissues.
U47fet
U67
More please!
Old 6th February 2019
Lives for gear

KM84, KM86. A km54 type could be cool if they could work out a good tube substitute, and/or tweak whatever else would be needed because of that.

Maybe they could attempt a revision D for the M49, with a different tube.
Old 6th February 2019
84 reissue. I’d buy two pairs.

I’d like to see Neumann try to make a long Ribbon. That might be interesting territory for them.
Old 6th February 2019
Lives for gear
I’d like them to price the u87 at more like $2k
Old 6th February 2019
Gear Addict

all microphone of Neumann is nice and unbelievable sound . old and new .
But my massage is for technology . if you have 1 microphone with Neumann that can be change to U87 - U67 - TLM Series - M149 - M 147 - U47 or more ..... ?????????
Do you like this dream ?
Or one small diaphragm changeable to KM 183 - 184 - 185 and old version 84 series and more ?
Old 6th February 2019
Lives for gear
Why on earth would Neumann being any good at software, they are a traditional analogue engineering company - thank goodness.

It's like saying Studer should make a DAW .... well they are great at tape recorders!

Anyway, no doubt UAD will do a mic sim. and have it "officially" endorsed by Nuemann.

Which will be great eh, another runner in the race to the bottom!
Old 6th February 2019
Well people spending highend money probably wants them to continue releasing their legacy mics. U47, km84 etc. How nice wouldn't it be if they could release both new vf14 and ac701.

A tube nickel sdc is probably way to expensive for the market. Keep in mind that the km54 cost allot more then a u47 back in the 50s.

It's still beyond me that they don't have a u47re. Since the rest of the worlds mic developers profit on their legacy If TeleF can sell their clone at 10k plus I'm sure Neumann could too.
Old 6th February 2019
Gear Addict

M50 for me...
Old 6th February 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehightenor View Post
Why on earth would Neumann being any good at software, they are a traditional analogue engineering company - thank goodness.

It's like saying Studer should make a DAW .... well they are great at tape recorders!

Anyway, no doubt UAD will do a mic sim. and have it "officially" endorsed by Nuemann.

Which will be great eh, another runner in the race to the bottom!
you're living in the past.

neumann released digital mics quite some time ago. too bad they didn't have a big impact (i'd happily swap my u67 for a d01!)

studer abandoned tape a long time ago and today is amongst the top manufacturers of digital consoles (and i can control 32 channels inside my daw from the faders of my studers).

it's the digital age!
Old 6th February 2019
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzone View Post
I’d like a SDC with a nickel capsule and a tube in it.
Neumann can't make nickel diaphragm capsules - they don't have the technology.

That's why they use titanium on their metal diaphragm mics.

Microtech Gefell are the masters of the nickel diaphragm and, uniquely, the diaphragm is "grown in place".

You can hear David Josephson talking about it here.

The funny thing is, is that Gefell are owned by Neumann (Georg Neumann's original 1928 company) and Neumann Berlin (Georg Neumann's second company) are owned by Sennheiser.

In theory Microtech Gefell could do a valve (vacuum tube in the American language) SDC. with a nickel diaphragm as they have the technology to do superb nickel diaphragms and could use the same small valve that they use for the UM 900 - but is there the demand for this ?
Old 6th February 2019
Lives for gear

Saying MG is the original Neumann is like saying Heritage Guitars is the original Gibson.

Well, it’s less accurate than that, because no well known Neumann mic model was ever made or designed by MG.

Saying Gefell is the original company isn’t really accurate either. That wasn’t the original location. It DID revert to the Neumann family after the Wall fell, but that was well after the design and production of every single classic Neumann design...which Gefell had no part of at any step.

It’s a kind of BS snake oil salesman type take that IMO resulted from Mercenary losing their Neumann dealership and then heavily pushing MG products afterwards.
Old 6th February 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by toledo3 View Post
It’s a kind of BS snake oil salesman type take that IMO resulted from Mercenary losing their Neumann dealership and then heavily pushing MG products afterwards.
Nonsense. You have no clue what you are talking about. But nice try to slander the old shop.

Last edited by Doc Mixwell; 6th February 2019 at 04:13 PM..
Old 6th February 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Mixwell View Post
Nonsense. You have no clue what you are talking about. But nice try to slander the old shop.
You can say I have no clue, but that’s what happened.

Sorry if you’re peeved, you can take it to PM. Let’s keep the thread on topic.

We can probably agree that Mercenary WAS a Neumann dealer, THEN they were not, at which time they very heavily pushed MG. Maybe I should have phrased it that way?

I think the gist of my statement is very accurate.

In any event...hot headed big mouthed Merc employees giving spin is par for the course isn’t it!

Gefell didn’t have anything to do with any of the classic Neumann mics. On top of that neither did their version of the M7. You could have a Venn diagram of classic Neumann and Gefell, and it would be two non intersecting circles.

I just point this out for readers who are not aware, and in an effort to inform people who may otherwise be led to waste time and money based on misperceptions. They’ve made some cool stuff but should focus on their own merits...(and maybe improve customer service while they’re at it).

I have no desire for flame wars, apologies for any offense, and please take it to PM if you want to get aggro.
Old 6th February 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by toofanstudio View Post
New capsule or new technology?!
Both. How long has it been since they developed a new capsule design?
Old 6th February 2019
Gear Maniac

I completely agree... However, I have a feeling their view is that the 103 and 102 (and 107?, I don’t know or have even looked at what they’re using there) capsules are new designs.
Old 6th February 2019
nkf
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Williams View Post
Both. How long has it been since they developed a new capsule design?
The last capsule design was for the D-01. I talked with Mr. Breitlow about it. He developed the D-01 together with Mr. Peus. So that is not to long ago that they made a new capsule design. It was then the base for the TLM107 capsule.
Old 6th February 2019
nkf
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Willett View Post
The funny thing is, is that Gefell are owned by Neumann (Georg Neumann's original 1928 company) and Neumann Berlin (Georg Neumann's second company) are owned by Sennheiser.
It is not funny, because not fully true -> "orignal 1928 company". They are both successors to the old Neumann company, which was held split because of the cold war. The factory in Gefell was setup to avoid damages by bombs fallen in Berlin during WWII.
Old 6th February 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Saying MG is the original Neumann is like saying Heritage Guitars is the original Gibson.

Well, it’s less accurate than that, because no well known Neumann mic model was ever made or designed by MG.

Saying Gefell is the original company isn’t really accurate either. That wasn’t the original location. It DID revert to the Neumann family after the Wall fell, but that was well after the design and production of every single classic Neumann design...which Gefell had no part of at any step.

Totally wrong on everything you said. You don't have the story or the facts at all.
Your post is a joke.
Old 6th February 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
You can say I have no clue, but that’s what happened.

Sorry if you’re peeved, you can take it to PM. Let’s keep the thread on topic.

We can probably agree that Mercenary WAS a Neumann dealer, THEN they were not, at which time they very heavily pushed MG. Maybe I should have phrased it that way?

I think the gist of my statement is very accurate.

In any event...hot headed big mouthed Merc employees giving spin is par for the course isn’t it!

Gefell didn’t have anything to do with any of the classic Neumann mics. On top of that neither did their version of the M7. You could have a Venn diagram of classic Neumann and Gefell, and it would be two non intersecting circles.

I just point this out for readers who are not aware, and in an effort to inform people who may otherwise be led to waste time and money based on misperceptions. They’ve made some cool stuff but should focus on their own merits...(and maybe improve customer service while they’re at it).

I have no desire for flame wars, apologies for any offense, and please take it to PM if you want to get aggro.
Wrong again! Keep digging. Your posts are marked down on deep discount.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search