The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Manley Voxbox Pultec EQ, anyone ever try it as in insert on a track?
Old 4th February 2019
Manley Voxbox Pultec EQ, anyone ever try it as in insert on a track?

I have not used my Manley Voxbox EQ as an insert on a track in a long time. There is an option the back of the unit to bypass the mic pre and comp and go directly into the EQ.

After checking out the Sweetwater Pultec EQ comparison thread, it got me curious how the EQ on the Voxbox would sound as an insert on tracks. For my test I also compared it to the Softube Tube Tech and UAD Pultec plug in's. With the additional EQ frequencies on the Manley, I also included the mid EQ plug in's as well.

My observations were the following: The Manley EQ on acoustic guitar and vocals tracks provided a clean sound that did not alter the original character of the tracks. It just seem to enhance the sound in a gentle way.
The Softube Pultecs had a more sparkled clean sound and when I A/B them with the Manley EQ, I heard the gentle smooth Manley sound added to the tracks.
The UAD Pultec added more color but it didn't provide the clear open sound of the Manley. It sounded a little congested in comparison.

The Manley Voxbox Pultec EQ is like getting their Pultec and Mid Pultec EQ all in one package. It adds a gentle smooth sound, enhances the lows and highs and can remove some mid clutter.

Has anyone else tried the Voxbox EQ as an insert on a track, I would be curious on your results.
Old 5th February 2019
Lives for gear

Yes! I got a voxbox about a month ago and it kills on bass as an insert! I’ve also used it to beef up keyboard tracks. Loving this thing and I’ve only scratched the surface.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search