The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
What slutty things did you buy in the year 2019?
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by papaw52 View Post
The LP-1 and the Transdrive were late, after xmas gifts to myself, and I haven't yet sent any tracks or mixes through the LP-1 to my various mic pres. Looking for a bit more color and mojo. The Transdrive arrives today, so this weekend looks like fun.
Have you been testing them? I'm interested in the Transdrive. What are the sound and controls like?
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0se View Post
They are, but it's worth every penny for me. My room isn't optimal (shape), without the ST2 it's slightly off. With it engaged it all snaps into focus, the image is even sharper and the bass response is clearer. Sonarworks, Dirac etc are miles off in comparison.

Feeding it AES via the LIO-8, which is AES to the Kii Three's, so only one DA conversion when monitoring (otherwise the Kii's take an analog signal and perform AD conversion to apply DSP etc).

It's Phillips Hue lighting, which you can control from your mobile for any colour combinations. In the above pics there are two Iris lights (L/R of TV) and two LED strips (one behind TV, one top left on cloud). You need a Hue Bridge to connect to your WiFi for the control.

Not cheap, but they transform a boring room into a creative music/editing space. When I turn them off at night I can't believe how **** the room looks, and wish I had bought them sooner :¬)

They work perfectly with white acoustic panels; they're a canvas to paint.
Hey b0se my Philips Hue lights arrived, I bought the Bridge and two Play bars.

They're really great, I will add some LED strips to the system eventually.

Thanks for the recommendation
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehightenor View Post
Hey b0se my Philips Hue lights arrived, I bought the Bridge and two Play bars.

They're really great, I will add some LED strips to the system eventually.

Thanks for the recommendation
Nice, glad you're enjoying them :¬)
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0se View Post
Nice, glad you're enjoying them :¬)
My eldest son set them up with Alexa so when I say "execute order 66" they turn red and Spotify plays The Imperial March.

Makes me LOL every time I do it, as the saying goes .... pity the man who looses his childhood heart
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehightenor View Post
My eldest son set them up with Alexa so when I say "execute order 66" they turn red and Spotify plays The Imperial March.

Makes me LOL every time I do it, as the saying goes .... pity the man who looses his childhood heart
LOL! That's brilliant :D

Indeed. As DaVinci and Einstein said, childlike curiosity is the key
Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear

Daaaaang. Pics???

Quote:
Originally Posted by KungFuLio View Post
mac-pro... good for another 10 years on the computer front...
Old 2 days ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosewood123 View Post
Have you been testing them? I'm interested in the Transdrive. What are the sound and controls like?
I've been running a few mixes through the Transdrive and like what I hear. It focuses the vocals and draws them out a bit. The highs seemed to be softened. The sound stage was more focused as well, at least in my sparse mixes. I haven't run a dense mix yet. I haven't noticed a lot of color, if that's what you're looking for. I think it's going to work in my setup, which is nice signal going into the box (nice mics and pres) but not a lot of outboard gear at mix time. So, I wanted to try and get a good transformer quality into my mixes. This fits the bill for that purpose. And like I said I like what I hear. You should visit the Avedis Audio website. They've posted FAQ for their products and that will answer your questions about the controls. You can call and ask questions to the man that designs and builds this great gear. Hope that helps.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search