The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
CMV563 Bayonet adapters? Condenser Microphones
Old 24th January 2019
Lives for gear

CMV563 Bayonet adapters?

I just received a matched pair of CMV563 with M7s and M55Ks. But they are the short versions that screw directly in.

I also have a big Blue Bottle, and both Bottle Rockets. I have the B6, B7 and B9 as well as an old M8 with bayonet.

I would like to find adapters to attach the M7S to the Blue mics. And a way to attach a B6 to the CMV body.

I contacted Theirsch and they used to make them but no longer do. I’ve read that Microtech Gefell includes them with the CMV reissue, but I don’t see them for sale anywhere.

Does anyone know where I might find these adapters? Or have them for sale yourself?
Old 24th January 2019
Lives for gear

Update:

I just saw the other almost exact thread (slaps forehead). I bought the adapter for the CMV to use a B6. Now I need to turn my M7S into a bayonet that will fit on my Blue Bottle.
Old 24th January 2019
Lives for gear

Also... I wonder if the bayonet on the M8 can be unscrewed and used with an M7S?
Old 24th January 2019
Gear Maniac

No, unfortunately, M* and M*s are different designs. There is an aftermarket adapter available to use a bayonet capsule on a CMV that has lost its adapter. I just answered another thread about it here...

Neumann CMV563 Adapter for Bayonet M7
Old 24th January 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicalnyc View Post
No, unfortunately, M* and M*s are different designs. There is an aftermarket adapter available to use a bayonet capsule on a CMV that has lost its adapter. I just answered another thread about it here...

Neumann CMV563 Adapter for Bayonet M7
It looks like this is what I’m after but they said they no longer make them:

Thiersch elektroakustik
Old 24th January 2019
Lives for gear

These guys used to sell them: akzent audio Pro Audio Shop
I don´t know if they still do , though.
Old 26th January 2019
500 series nutjob

isnt there a massive diferance in voltage between the Blue and Neumann capsuals?
might not want that Neumann capsual on the Blue mice bodies.
look it up
Old 26th January 2019
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by pan60 View Post
isnt there a massive diferance in voltage between the Blue and Neumann capsuals?
might not want that Neumann capsual on the Blue mice bodies.
look it up
In theory, yes, but I've had no issues in using Neumann capsules which sound great on Blue bodies. On the big Bottle, capsule voltage is adjustable via the power supply.
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search