The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Radar 24 - Digidesign 192 Tdif cable wiring Recorders, Players & Tape Machines
Old 22nd January 2019
Here for the gear

Radar 24 - Digidesign 192 Tdif cable wiring

I'm trying to replace the Tdif cables between my Radar 24 and my 192's. I've currently got 3 moulded cables, 1 of which is causing me some issues. However, because they're moulded I can't be sure of the wiring. I've contacted Lynx and sent the pinout info that I can find for each unit but apparently it's no help. I'm sure I saw a post on here where someone from iZ said it was a Tascam standard cable of some sort but I can't find the thread now! There are a couple of other similar threads but none specific to Radar/192's, only Radar and others.

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can offer
Old 22nd January 2019
Gear Guru

TDIF cables are wired differently than the standard TASCAM format for 8 channel cables ... very specific ... you need to wire up or buy TDIF cables ..

i found this thread here, might help ... TDIF Question
Old 23rd January 2019
Here for the gear

Hi, thanks for the reply. Yeah I found that thread and although it's cleared a few things up for me it doesn't help unfortunately as the pinout someone shared there is the one I sent along with the 192 pinout to Lynx and apparently it doesn't tell them enough. I specifically need to know which pins are which at each end. As far as I know they're the same but I may be wrong. I'll attach the pinouts I've got on here and if anyone can make any sense of them I'd really appreciate any input
Attached Thumbnails
Radar 24 - Digidesign 192 Tdif cable wiring-radar-pinout.jpg   Radar 24 - Digidesign 192 Tdif cable wiring-192-pinout.jpg  
Old 24th January 2019
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foel StudioMike View Post
Hi, thanks for the reply. Yeah I found that thread and although it's cleared a few things up for me it doesn't help unfortunately as the pinout someone shared there is the one I sent along with the 192 pinout to Lynx and apparently it doesn't tell them enough. I specifically need to know which pins are which at each end. As far as I know they're the same but I may be wrong. I'll attach the pinouts I've got on here and if anyone can make any sense of them I'd really appreciate any input
i know these are not cheap ..

TDIF Cables | Sweetwater

these are just like the ones AUDIO RENTS uses here in los angeles .. maybe they are selling some stock ... you can buy 3 for 105.00 .. might think about saving your self the trouble ..

25-Pin 3' Male-Male TDIF Cable For Tascam DA-38 DA-78 DA-88 DA-98 DA-98HR. TH | eBay
Old 24th January 2019
Here for the gear

Those Sweetwater ones are a similar price to the ones Lynx make in the UK, so at least now I have an example to send them. They're not cheap but at least they should last and if a channel does go down - my problem at the moment - then I can at least get into the connector and try to fix it, unlike with my current moulded ones!

Thanks for the advice
Old 25th January 2019
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foel StudioMike View Post
Those Sweetwater ones are a similar price to the ones Lynx make in the UK, so at least now I have an example to send them. They're not cheap but at least they should last and if a channel does go down - my problem at the moment - then I can at least get into the connector and try to fix it, unlike with my current moulded ones!

Thanks for the advice ������
cool, yeah i have done "one to one" - single wire to single pin soldering on DB25 connectors for TDIF and it is not my favorite .. since it is a Two-Way Cable .. i still have a hand wired, single wires, DB25 yamaha to tascam AES cable .. to get from LYNX PCIe card (ch's 9-16) to Dolby 569 Encoder via AES ..

I have not had to deal with TDIF for quite a while now, DA-88 days, only RADARS on remote trucks and all amalog with those .. BEst of Luck !!!

Cheers !! john

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search