The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Dual-channel half-rack preamps with instrument inputs? Dual-Channel Preamps
Old 4 days ago
Gear Maniac

Dual-channel half-rack preamps with instrument inputs?

I was looking for a portable/half-rack preamp with instrument inputs. The only one I found was the PreSonus BlueTube DP V2 but that seems to be a bit noisy going by the specs. Rupert Neve has one but at six times the price combo inputs were apparently too expensive.

Is there such a thing? Two channels, half-rack, instrument inputs?

Thanks.

Last edited by johannburkard; 4 days ago at 11:17 AM.. Reason: Typo
Old 4 days ago
Gear Maniac

I should probably say that I already have an Apogee Mini-Me but the lack of detented pots makes it a bit harder to use that I would like. Also, I feel like there are quieter preamps and ADCs right now.
Old 4 days ago
Gear Addict

audient Mico?
Old 3 days ago
Old 3 days ago
Not high end, but an FMR RNP may be exactly what you're looking for.
Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear
Neve Portico 5012.
Portico 5012 - Rupert Neve Designed Dual Mic Pre

re-read your first post. In short, no. Black lion Auteur is close, but you still need a direct box.

The Neve is the only half space with both preamp and DI for two channels with any quality that I know of.
There are new direct box's on the market that can be hot enough to not need another preamp. may want to look at that rout.

the RNP is not bad, but nothing special either. I found it sounded great between Roland drum machines and converters. Sold it long ago as I got better preamps.
Old 3 days ago
Gear Addict

Portico 5012 perfect#!!
Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear

Metric Halo ULN-2 has all that you need although it's probably 2/3rds of a 19" rack rather than 1/2.

You could perhaps look at the DAV BG-9 which is a small extruded chassis design, but this only has one DI input plus one Mic input. It sounds extremely good though. Only mains power though.
Old 3 days ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by fred2bern View Post
audient Mico?
Thanks, didn't know about that one. Looks like there's not a billion on the used market though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Lehmann View Post
Metric Halo ULN-2 has all that you need although it's probably 2/3rds of a 19" rack rather than 1/2.
Thanks, that looks good, too. Plus, there's a few on e*ay.
Old 3 days ago
I think the Hamptone stuff might fit the bill, taller than 1U though. Double check the sizes with them to be sure. Their stuff sounds great.
Hamptone | Handmade Pro Audio – Portland, Oregon

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search