The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Chandler Germanium Compressor Vocal Settings?
Old 5 days ago
Gear Nut
Chandler Germanium Compressor Vocal Settings?

Hi Germ Comp users

I’ve had my pair for a few months and I love them. Like the reviews say they both WOW and baffle. They are versatile and can surprise. I used to have a pair of distressors and I was going to re buy them when I started reading about the rivaled versatility of the Kush Audio Tweakers and the Chandler Germ Comps. I know the kush guy hates the germs oddly enough. I’ve had a great time with them.

I’m looking for any vocal settings for tracking when using the germs. The tweakers and the distressors boast the ability to do the opto smooth LA2A / cl1b thing-ish and I’m wondering given the CGC’s versatility if someone has some settings relevant to that claim.

Or perhaps other findings

I have an 1176 and I’d like to try a Germ Comp after that. With th 1176 doing some fast peak management.

Any thoughts and settings would be great

Thanks!

Last edited by augustin187; 5 days ago at 03:58 AM..
Old 5 days ago
Gear Addict

No standard settings on those comps ever.

I loved the germ medium. I would usually set the Comp all the way wet. My favourite thing about it was the way you could reeeeaaallly hear it work and make all the adjustments and then use the wet dry to soften the effect somewhat. Realllly lovely comps

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search