The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Why no modern high end consoles with the footprint of a Studer 169?
Old 21st February 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Willett View Post
There is a new small Neve coming, I have heard, I think any day now.
Old 21st February 2020
Lives for gear

You tease John!
Old 21st February 2020
Gear Addict

Quote:
There is a new small Neve coming, I have heard, I think any day now.
tell more
Old 22nd February 2020
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicalnyc View Post
tell more
I know more, but can't say more (maybe I shouldn't have said this).

I think it will be announced in the early part of this year.
Old 23rd February 2020
Lives for gear

Quantum audio labs consoles are small and have transformers in and out and come in 8 and 12 ch..you have to find them used though but that's not very hard.I see some on reverb right now.. Cinemag can make you new transformers for the output that sound a little better than the stock Reichanbach transformers. I restored one of these consoles and the new transformer extended the top and bottom of the master out..Cool little consoles..
Old 24th February 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by t_d View Post
tree audio consoles fit that description exactly.. but they cost $$$$

i remember when i was looking for a small, compact "pro" mixer (finally settled on and currently use and love an API Box (recently moved to a "2") i was really interested in the Oram 8T. loved the look and footprint, though if i recall it had a pretty bad rep around here (?) another one i almost went for was the audient asp4816, but, like the API, it has a bit of a bigger footprint than the Studer...
The only reason the Oram 8T got a bad rep. is because GS was actively pushing the Toft console with similar features,...

I have the 32ch 8T for more then 10 years now, and I still love it !

The lesson I learned here is to avoid anything that gets a push on GS and buy the other stuff.

I'm the guy with the BASH studio, Oram mixer, BLA outboard, BLA converters, Avalon 747 comp, TL Audio comp. and I still use my RME FF800 as I did not buy an Apollo

Don't believe the hype...
Old 24th February 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cozmik Prod. View Post
The only reason the Oram 8T got a bad rep. is because GS was actively pushing the Toft console with similar features,...

I have the 32ch 8T for more then 10 years now, and I still love it !

The lesson I learned here is to avoid anything that gets a push on GS and buy the other stuff.

I'm the guy with the BASH studio, Oram mixer, BLA outboard, BLA converters, Avalon 747 comp, TL Audio comp. and I still use my RME FF800 as I did not buy an Apollo

Don't believe the hype...
People on GS may have been pushing it; GS itself has no dog in the fight

Never seen the Oram console, we had oram eqs in many studios that never got used...but no idea if that was on merit or not.

BLA gear and RME gear were 2 of the most hyped brands on here I’d say, so you haven’t totally avoided it (and with fair reasons).
Old 24th February 2020
Gear Guru

Quote:
Quote:
tell more
I know more, but can't say more (maybe I shouldn't have said this).

I think it will be announced in the early part of this year.
I have been given the OK to say:-

Update - an official announcement should be coming very soon.

The first one will be delivered to The Studio Shop in London sometime next month (March 2020) - so give them a shout if you want to know more.
Old 24th February 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheu78 View Post
These are quite “big” desks compared to the size of a sonosax or a Studer 169 or a 961.

I hope some companies will come up with an high quality consolette, that is reasonably priced, nice routing (with 4 sends and fx returns built in), small musical eq and a flexible great sounding compressor on the main channels..

The SSL XL desk and the Api Box2 are two options that are similar to what I think the OP is looking, but they both miss some functions/routing options that at that price should be included... (the SSL almost have everything on board, but still misses few imho important details)..

my 0.02$,

Cheu
In your own Switzerland you have Schertler Arthur mixers. With the premium mic preamps it is a really good sound. It offers flexibility to only buy the channels you need.

https://secure.schertler.com/en_US/arthur
Old 26th February 2020
Old 26th February 2020
Lives for snowflakes

First ran into Sonosax on film sets, and they are top shelf! (Really clean and quiet.)

Same with Cooper Sound. (Highly recommended!)

Folks who work film shoots need to have really quiet faders, pots, etc. 'cause they often have to change stuff "on the fly" and problems are expensive (like when there's a crew of 50-100 people on the clock).

The folks who do that kinda work simply can't afford anything less than the best they can get.
Old 6 days ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
I have been given the OK to say:-

Update - an official announcement should be coming very soon.

The first one will be delivered to The Studio Shop in London sometime next month (March 2020) - so give them a shout if you want to know more.
Anyone have any more info on this AMS Neve product? I reached out to The Studio Shop but didn't hear back.
Old 6 days ago
Gear Guru

Quote:
Anyone have any more info on this AMS Neve product? I reached out to The Studio Shop but didn't hear back.
Probably because the whole country is in lockdown due to COVID-19.
Old 6 days ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Probably because the whole country is in lockdown due to COVID-19.
Understood - To be clear, I reached out in February but it's all good. It was not my intention to come off as critical of them. Just wondering if there had been any developments.

Old 6 days ago
Gear Guru

Quote:
Understood - To be clear, I reached out in February but it's all good. It was not my intention to come off as critical of them. Just wondering if there had been any developments.

The last I heard he was expecting it in late March - may be delayed due to COVID-19.

He may have been quiet because he was not allowed to say anything until he got it.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search