The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Kenetek 588 fet peak limiter
Old 21st December 2018
Gear Head

Kenetek 588 fet peak limiter

I've heard so many good things about the Kenetek 1176 and how much of a tone beast it is around these parts, as well as how it blows the ua 1176's out the water......I was snooping around on the Kenetek website this morning and saw the Kenetek 588 fet peak limiter, which according to the unit's discription is a replica of the 1176's sound, with exception of one of the transformers.....I think......dont quote me...and also......with the exception of it being a half rack unit.....for $1199.00.......I searched and didnt find one post about its existence on the forums......Is this unit new or something?Does anybody have any experience with it?If it's the 1176 sound coming from a company that most say has the best replica's it could be worth looking into...especially that Im in Kentucky where Kenetek is located....Thoughts????
Attached Thumbnails
Kenetek 588 fet peak limiter-screenshot_20181221-064005.jpg  
Old 21st December 2018
Lives for gear

this is no "half rack size".
its a 19", 1HU, half the size of an original 1176.
as far as i can tell from the info provided on their website, this should be a fully fledged 1176, incl. transformers in & out.
price seems a little bit high though.
Old 21st December 2018
Gear Head

Well I talked to Bill today and he said he is no longer even producing the 588 units.....so theres that.....

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search