The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Focusrite ISA430 mkII channels strip into Apollo twinMKII quadcore using shure sm7b Channel Strips
Old 15th December 2018
Here for the gear
Focusrite ISA430 mkII channels strip into Apollo twinMKII quadcore using shure sm7b

Hello music creators,

I’m hoping to get some feedback and some tips for the following items I just purchased. I have an Apollo twin mkII quadcore, a Focusrite ISA 430mkII channel strip, and a shure SM7b. I’m a male vocalist and will be using these pieces for Vocals only. I make alternative music and my tone is real mid range and low, raspy if you will. I want to know if I made the right choice in gear. Will my unit produce enough gain or do I need a cloudlifter. I’ve heard so many people say go Focusrite over Avalon so I did just that. But there is hardly any videos or tips on this unit. Advice and tips would be very helpful! Thank you!!!

Last edited by Hymnself; 15th December 2018 at 12:26 AM.. Reason: Error
Old 15th December 2018
RTG
Gear Maniac

Nothing wrong with any of that signal chain. It should be capable of achieving everything you need and won't need a cloudlifter.
Old 15th December 2018
Agreed, the Focusrite 430 Mk II is a very nice piece of gear. I have tracked a song with it in the past and I received great results. Just go easy on EQ and comp and just use it to enhance, not to change things.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search