The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Consoles with minimum 8 aux sends Consoles
Old 16th December 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Williams View Post
I have a DDA AMR 24 in. It has 2 stereo sends and 4 mono = 8 total.
Have you nodded it Jim?

I recently met someone who had a soundcraft saphyre that had been modded by you and they love it.

Wiggy
Old 16th December 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Williams View Post
I have a DDA AMR 24 in. It has 2 stereo sends and 4 mono = 8 total.
Have you modded it Jim?

I recently met someone who had a soundcraft saphyre that had been modded by you and they love it.

Wiggy
Old 17th December 2018
It's in process now. The owner stuck a 1/5 ratio input transformer on the mic pre and a large output transformer for the insert send, a steel core. I may use the special 1/1 Jensen for the mic pre. The mic preamp is a standard instrumentation amp design from the late 1970's, I'll convert that to a trans-amp design.

The EQ is like an AMEK. It will be rebuilt with low noise chips, polyprop caps and will be direct coupled, most of the electrolytic coupling caps will go. Sum opamps will be changed to Analog Devices. This design is rather closed off in the tops due to larger feedback caps and input roll-offs. I'm redoing that so it will have a .5 to 200k hz bandwidth to remove all the phase shift. It's a good build with all Preh pots but it used crappo 5% carbon film resistors in place of metal film.

I believe this was one of the 5 AMR consoles used at the Music Animals complex in Studio City. I installed Uptown moving faders into them back in the early 1990's. They also requested adding line input transformers to soften the stridency of all those 072/4 opamps. Better opamps solved that issue.
Old 17th December 2018
Lives for gear

Great work Jim.. looking forward to your thoughts on the final implementation.

What blows me away for that relatively small price difference they could of got these things sorted up front during the design stage. But I guess it was accounting before sonics!
Old 17th December 2018
Lives for gear

Nice console, I helped install UB40's and it sounded good, felt like a sturdy and simplified SSL. I didnt work on a channel strip but they looked decent boards and tracks so a probably a great candidate for a retro-mod

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search