The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Is the Purple Sweet Ten still king? 500 Series Chassis
Old 1 week ago
Is the Purple Sweet Ten still king?

A couple years ago, everyone and their dad knew that if you wanted a serious 10 space chassis, it was the Sweet Ten (the fixed one of course). Does this still ring true today with companies like Heritage and their OST tech or Wes Audio? Are you still lining up to get that sweet, sweet, Sweet Ten? It’s still the highest priced 10 space on the market too.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut
No....and no.
Old 1 week ago
500 series nutjob

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam guaiana View Post
A couple years ago, everyone and their dad knew that if you wanted a serious 10 space chassis, it was the Sweet Ten (the fixed one of course). Does this still ring true today with companies like Heritage and their OST tech or Wes Audio? Are you still lining up to get that sweet, sweet, Sweet Ten? It’s still the highest priced 10 space on the market too.
the two hands down best power suplies and most reliable racks i have, the API and the Sweet Ten.
ditto done it dont get any better.
better power suplies better metal work just all around better.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Guru

I've heard very good things about the rupert Neve Designs R10
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

I have 2 x sweet 10s.
Bullet proof.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

On paper the WesAudio SuperCarrier II looks to be superior, but who knows if that translates to a real world difference. I've got one on the way but I don't foresee myself performing a 500 chassis shootout.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

I have two Sweet Ten (one bought new, the other 2nd hand) and both have power supply issues/buzzing. On one of them (the 2nd hand one/oldest) a high pitch noise can be heard on the 500 modules next to the power supply. That issue was supposed to be fixed on the newer models, but on my other one (which was made recently, 2017 I think) I often hear a buzz when turning it on. Not in the audio path, I can actually hear the power supply making a weird high pitch hum. Quite loud too. Turn it off then back on and it fixes the issue most of the time. I'm not the only one to have reported such issues.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitsville View Post
I have two Sweet Ten (one bought new, the other 2nd hand) and both have power supply issues/buzzing. On one of them (the 2nd hand one/oldest) a high pitch noise can be heard on the 500 modules next to the power supply. That issue was supposed to be fixed on the newer models, but on my other one (which was made recently, 2017 I think) I often hear a buzz when turning it on. Not in the audio path, I can actually hear the power supply making a weird high pitch hum. Quite loud too. Turn it off then back on and it fixes the issue most of the time. I'm not the only one to have reported such issues.
I found the same with a diy Pre I had in slot #10 next to the psu. 10k hash. Swapped it around with a 512 and no problem.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear
The Sweet Ten's on-board power supply has always bothered me. I feel much better with the power supply outside the chassis, However, I don't know if the on-board power supply causes noise issues with close-by modules in practice. I have had both the BAE rack and the Heritage OST 10. Both great, both perfectly nulled eath other in testing.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search