The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Console Cooling System ... !!!
Old 20th November 2018
Gear Addict

Console Cooling System ... !!!

I have SSL AWS 948 console .
My room size is 5 x 3 x 3 m .
I have ventilation system in my room for cooling and heating.
But When I work with console , it create hot air near the console ( like my seating place ) . Rear of console is 50cm distance with wall and my ventilation is far from rear console .
When I work lonely in room it's not problem but when people is more I have a problem .
So , I need to some silent fan or other easy technology for putting up rear of console .
what is your suggestion ?
thnxxxx.
Old 20th November 2018
Bobby Summerfield in LA fixed up a system to air cool his Neve V series. He routed air tubes in and out of the frame to the AC system.
Old 20th November 2018
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Williams View Post
Bobby Summerfield in LA fixed up a system to air cool his Neve V series. He routed air tubes in and out of the frame to the AC system.
What can I learning about this ?!
Would you please to help me ?!
Old 20th November 2018
Lives for gear

Back in the early 2000's, I had to put my laptop and mbox in the freezer during a few bounce outs. I used to run more than 1 instance of the Waves IR reverb, I liked to live dangerously...
Old 20th November 2018
Lives for gear

Interesting problem. I would look into solutions they've come up with for computers, possibly simply adding a fan? I've heard of water cooled computers with a network of tiny tubes in it. Is your problem melting mixer, melting people or both?
Old 21st November 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by toofanstudio View Post
What can I learning about this ?!
Would you please to help me ?!
Look up Bobby Summerfield in LA, he still works there. I don't have his # handy. Also look up the records here, he's posted the entire process.

BTW, he's a jolly good fellow from South Africa.
Old 24th November 2018
Lives for gear

I read in an SSL manual that they can create a good 1.5 kilowatts of heat. Anyone would think they were full of tubes.

Cheers

Ian
Old 24th November 2018
In the case of the V Neves lower current quality opamp replacements can reduce the power consumption up to -50%. Then they run cool.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search