The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Why rarely any Main monitors are sealed? Studio Monitors
Old 4 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by DB117 View Post
Good point.
Would ATC150 be this kind? Any idea what's the tuning f of it?
Judging by their published low end extension specs it's surprisingly high. The woofer itself looks like coated paper, but those can reach pretty low. My subs have two 12" paper cones with port tuning at 23Hz and I get -6dB in room at 15Hz.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrodulf View Post
Judging by their published low end extension specs it's surprisingly high. The woofer itself looks like coated paper, but those can reach pretty low. My subs have two 12" paper cones with port tuning at 23Hz and I get -6dB in room at 15Hz.
Base on your numbers ATC150 tuning f could well be around 40Hz.
Any 150 user notice phase/group delay issue below 40Hz?
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by DB117 View Post
Base on your numbers ATC150 tuning f could well be around 40Hz.
Any 150 user notice phase/group delay issue below 40Hz?
There was a discussion about the resonance frequency of ATC 100 and if i remember correctly, the actual value was ~35 Hz. It is reasonable to believe that it's even lower for the 150. Maybe someone with ATC knowledge can confirm this

Speaking of time domain performance, I haven't been able to find step response measurements for SCM 50 and upwards on the internet. Hificritic has published a waterfall test of SCM 50 which was quite clean and close to the performance of Kiis that were also measured by the same magazine. Both tests can be easily found googling.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by neph View Post
There was a discussion about the resonance frequency of ATC 100 and if i remember correctly, the actual value was ~35 Hz. It is reasonable to believe that it's even lower for the 150. Maybe someone with ATC knowledge can confirm this
I believe you are referring to my measurements. Port tuning appears to be a perfect 30Hz on the 100ASL (as I can see from my plots.)

Haven't measured a 150ASL so I can't give any numbers there.
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Found this in Lipinski manual.
Attached Thumbnails
Why rarely any Main monitors are sealed?-lipinski.jpg  
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search