The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Distorting low end
Old 6th November 2018
Gear Head

Distorting low end

Hey guyz,im mixing a song,everything is ok except kick drum,in this song i just use low part of the kick drum,i mean below 1k ,not click part,to creat a sound like heart beat,the problem is when i look at the meter it’s level is so much higher than it shoud be,for example my ears recognize it should be around -25 but its -5,i tried compression and spaciay distortion but i can not saturate it that much cuz it becomes unwanted,cuz its too low,what i have to do?any suggestions?
Old 6th November 2018
Gear Addict

Low end require energy this is normal. Ignore the meters and lower everything else, get the mix sounding right first. You could roll off some of the really inaudible lows < 40hz for example. In the end you may need some multiband compression (mastering phase)
Old 7th November 2018
Gear Guru

I like the suggestion to lower the other elements of the mix. I also suggest multing theBD part and filtering out all the higher stuff and have a second fader, just for the BD lows.
Old 7th November 2018
Lives for gear

Turn it down?
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search