The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
langevin dual vocal combo??
Old 24th October 2002
Gear Head

langevin dual vocal combo??

Hey, I am hearing many mixed things about this unit. What do you guys think about it? Thanx.

jc
Old 24th October 2002
It's not a bad piece. It's sort of clean, but I wouldn't say pristine...kind of in the middle. Not a lot of growl in the mids, nor extremely open in the highs either like a Great River MP2H is for instance. It doesn't have quite the sexy silk of it's big brother the voxbox, but it's a hell of a lot cheaper too.
Old 26th October 2002
member no 666

I've obtained rather favorable results from the thing... good sounding mic amp, very useable EQ, good sounding compressor. The pre sounds really good when you take it almost to the edge of where it's going to distort.... then tame the output with a bit of the compressor, and you're good to go... of course, YMMV.
Old 26th October 2002
Gear Addict

used one the other day...really liled it.....probably get one for myself.....sounded very open with a bottle for vocals...seems a good value for the bucks.
Old 26th October 2002
Lives for gear

I've owned one for a year or so. The longer I have it, the less I use it. A bit neutral for my tastes. If I had to put a name on it, I'd say "thin". No "phat" in it at all, IMO. But that can be good in a few cases I suppose.

Not a bad unit by any stretch, but I'll go to several other units first for most uses.

Regards,
Brian T

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search