The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Barefoot MM26 Users Studio Monitors
Old 3rd November 2018
Barefoot MM26 Users

I have a question for Barefoot MM26 users. I know the added mid range driver was designed specifically for post production dialogue work. But if you’re working in both film and music does music still sound natural? Not overly pushed in the mids?

Also, their built in sub only goes down to 30hz. Do find you still need a sub to hit the 20-30hz range?
Old 4th November 2018
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by South Brokelyn View Post
I have a question for Barefoot MM26 users. I know the added mid range driver was designed specifically for post production dialogue work. But if you’re working in both film and music does music still sound natural? Not overly pushed in the mids?

Also, their built in sub only goes down to 30hz. Do find you still need a sub to hit the 20-30hz range?
Dunno about the mm26 but the mm12 - which uses the same tweeter/midrange configuration as the 26 - is certainly not "overly pushed in the mids". In fact, when I first heard them, I thought voices were slightly recessed in comparison with most other monitors. With further exposure, I think the mm12 is right and the others are hyped.
Old 4th November 2018
Gear Nut

Don’t have the MM26 but I do have the MM27 and I can feel and hear frequencies down to about 24hz in my room. They may claim to roll off at 30hz but it’s not as steep a roll off as some speakers.
I do mainly music production but I can’t really imagine them being bad for post or film. Sorry I can’t be more help on the mid range though. Just though I’d chime in that I think the bass is plenty sufficient and I believe the the low end on the 26 and 27 are the same.
Old 10th November 2018
Here for the gear

A mm26s' user here.the frequency response of mm26s is very very smooth and flat, the mids 、mid-high and highs are not hyped at all. I feel the sound from mm26s super natural and comfortable . and in my room , i can feel the sub frequency exactly down to 25 hz,very clearly and precisely
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search