The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Upgrade from Focal SM9's
Old 13th January 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonro View Post
Hi!

I've had the pleasure to work on focal sm9's for the past 6 months, coming from twins and Adam A7 (originals) before that.
I've always been able to create killer mixes on the A7's because of how they present the center image. I sold them when I had a chance to get the SM9s after I demo'd them, especially because of the 2/3way mode switch option.

I must admit that the SM9's helped me step up my low freq game A LOT, but i'm still missing the mids that my old monitors had.
I'm looking to upgrade to monitors around January, in the same price ballpark with a similar vibe and precision but with clearer mids. The more forward the mids, the better imo.

I'm working in a small to medium sized treated room.

Any suggestions!?
Get the trios, same tweeter as sm9 but mid knocks like an ns10. Bass goes down to 28 for me but not upfront as sm9
Old 3rd February 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by IkennaFuNkEn View Post
Get the trios, same tweeter as sm9 but mid knocks like an ns10. Bass goes down to 28 for me but not upfront as sm9
Well they just announced the Trio 11be

I'm excited to hear that speaker
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search