The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
My take on Brauerizing. You?
Old 6 days ago
My take on Brauerizing. You?

In this video I pull apart a band mix showing processing and how I’ve adapted Brauerizing to suit my work flow.
Song is Women & Wine by Murray Collins. Copyright 2018.
Interested to get your feedback
And your take on it....

YouTube
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

So the point of this method - asking - is to prevent tracks from being masked in the action of a single buss compressor but to be able to provide punch, interest and cohesion, right?

I think the work sounds good and I appreciate the walkthrough. It gave me some ideas. Thank you! I also am not opposed to still using a buss comp following these, gently, although it does seem to go beyond the style, so to speak but, if it sounds good, it is good. Who cares if it strictly follows one person model.

Regarding feedback, the only I would have done differently (grain of salt) would be to put a bit of room or a dull tape echo under the guitars for more depth. I do however like how they punch and I wouldn't want to affect that too much. None the less - nice work, sir.

What BeesNees nice were used in the recording?
Old 6 days ago
Hello
Yes I do use a final bus comp
For now in the box
But I aim to have Ross Giles build me one of his VariMu units.
I don’t believe any BeesNeez mics were used.
I only tracked rhythm elec gtr and vocals.
So don’t know for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartfelt View Post
So the point of this method - asking - is to prevent tracks from being masked in the action of a single buss compressor but to be able to provide punch, interest and cohesion, right?

I think the work sounds good and I appreciate the walkthrough. It gave me some ideas. Thank you! I also am not opposed to still using a buss comp following these, gently, although it does seem to go beyond the style, so to speak but, if it sounds good, it is good. Who cares if it strictly follows one person model.

Regarding feedback, the only I would have done differently (grain of salt) would be to put a bit of room or a dull tape echo under the guitars for more depth. I do however like how they punch and I wouldn't want to affect that too much. None the less - nice work, sir.

What BeesNees nice were used in the recording?
Old 5 days ago
Anyone else want to chime in?
Thanks in advance.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search