The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Summing Mixer reviews Summing Mixers
Old 6 days ago
Here for the gear

Summing Mixer reviews

hey all . im using summing mixer NEVE 8816 , in the past i used SPL Mixdream (the small one) and the neve much more nicer, but! in the last weeks i start to feel that maybe its not game changer in my studio for better sound and mixing , so i wonder maybe i need to hear some different summing mixer, anybody have some experience with that summing mixer, or in any of it? im start to search a lot about the Dangerous 2-bus plus and im really want to hear it live... but im open for any reviews! thanks
Old 5 days ago
Gear Head

I have a 2 bus + and love it! I was previously using Manley 16x2 that I still have and love. the 2 bus is very clean,wide,open sounding

i have not tested the 2 mixers u mentioned but you cant go wrong with a 2 bus
Old 1 day ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jokerkhk View Post
I have a 2 bus + and love it! I was previously using Manley 16x2 that I still have and love. the 2 bus is very clean,wide,open sounding

i have not tested the 2 mixers u mentioned but you cant go wrong with a 2 bus
thanks! i would love to hear to opinions of people that had test both of them =] also need to find someone with 2bus pus to hear that , i test the normal 2 bus and i didn't like it .
Old 1 day ago
Lives for gear

I found the AMS-Neve to have the best sound out of any of the summing mixers out there. The 8816 circuitry is based on the Neve 88R series consoles and has two excellent Neve transformers on the output.

As you know it is a complex unit and most people only need about a 1/4- 1/2 of its capability. I'm talking about routing and multiple inserts and feeds.

As far as its ability to combine signals and generate beautiful tone, I have not found anything else that will stand up to it.

What problems are you noticing with your work?
Old 1 day ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zangiamit91 View Post
thanks! i would love to hear to opinions of people that had test both of them =] also need to find someone with 2bus pus to hear that , i test the normal 2 bus and i didn't like it .
The 2-Bus+ is great. If you don't engage any of the color modules it's pretty much transparent, but with a hint of sonic shine, otherwise it's not a piece of gear that's gonna degrade the signal. (of course the color options are an added bonus, especially the Paralimit)

I also have an SSL Sigma, and I'd say anyone looking for a summing hub should consider it. Sounds great, and it also has myriad connectivity options to DAWs for full control of all its numerous functions.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search