The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Maag eq4 on masterbus.. or ? 500 Series EQ\'s
Old 14th September 2018
Lives for gear

Maag eq4 on masterbus.. or ?

Hi guys !

I have a pair of Maag Eq4’s strapped to the masterbus, and i love it !! But, i really miss having the Maag on my vocal bus (magic there as well).
What stereo eq do you use on your masterbus ? I really notice how the Maags make the mix take a step forward, and looking for something similar.
Old 14th September 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionheart View Post
Hi guys !

I have a pair of Maag Eq4’s strapped to the masterbus, and i love it !! But, i really miss having the Maag on my vocal bus (magic there as well).
What stereo eq do you use on your masterbus ? I really notice how the Maags make the mix take a step forward, and looking for something similar.
I've used a Manley Massive Passive, a Custom Audio Germany HDE-250 (and a solid state Pultec, although the pultec was used then on the drum bus).. All 3 are stellar, different and great on their own way..

If I were you I'd consider also a Gyraf G23-S, being able to switch between solid state operation and tube gives you a wider range of uses..
there's no plugin that comes closes to these eq's imho.

If on the 500 series, I'd look at the Pulse Techniques, the Crane Song Insignia or the incredible Avedis E27.

I hope this helps,

Cheu
Old 13th March 2019
Here for the gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionheart View Post
Hi guys !

Hey do yo use the middle bands of the EQ4? I've tried this EQ and I loved it but I'm thinking on getting the EQ2 because I mainly use the two lowest bands and the airband from the EQ4.
Old 13th March 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebastianapolinario View Post
Hey do yo use the middle bands of the EQ4? I've tried this EQ and I loved it but I'm thinking on getting the EQ2 because I mainly use the two lowest bands and the airband from the EQ4.
The Eq4 is fantastic on vocals. And i use the mids to shape the vocals. But i mostly use the airband and the lowend eq on masterbus. Plus the 2,5k is super on opening up a mix, or tame it a tad if the mix needs it. I would have no problem owning the eq2, but the mids are absolutely nice to have.
Old 13th March 2019
You have to try this: Split the Mixbuss into Mid/Side and in the Mid put a
Pultec EQP-500X Boost the 40hz and the 10k shelf just a tiny bit and BOOM!
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search