The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Best AD Conversion Choices for Vocals in 2018 Dynamics Processors (HW)
Old 24th September 2018
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by deuc647 View Post
Was curious about this, are they click screws or is it just a consistent screw and you have to use a DAW to see what levels you attenuate?
You have to use something to see what levels you attenuate.
Old 24th September 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomlin View Post
You have to use something to see what levels you attenuate.
Damn, was afraid of that. Thanks Thomlin
Old 18th January 2019
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by fridge_me View Post
Just purchased a Prism Titan which I feel gives me more of the feeling I got the first time I heard radar converters and symphony II. All of the above to me make a large difference in the feel of the recorded input. By ear it is no doubt a small difference, but the music feels more solid, the emotion more impactful. This adds up to records that to me feel more finished and special. That’s the value I put in converters. It’s not as exiting a purchase as a valve compressor or outboard eq, but to me it’s an essential one.
Add to that the excellent and highly useful preamps in. E prism and you’ve got a serious vocal tracking contender.
I have a UAD octo so I can use their plugins.
Hi,
Hope you see this:
Did you ever get any latency using the UAD plugins via the Octo Core?- as I'm in the same phase of purchase now.
I have a UAD Octo Core and a Apollo 8P. For best converters for my studio, it's either Prism Titan - keeping the UAD Octo core for the plugins and using the Prism Sound Titan - one, and possibly add another, but I want the UAD plugins as well and UAD distributors here say there could be audible latency in such a setup (as yours, and mine possibly). Do let me know as I have to place orders soon, thanks
Old 18th January 2019
Gear Nut
The Black Lion Audio White Sparrow is amazing and is no longer made, but they show up on Reverb and eBay pretty often -it blows my motu 1248 and RME ADI-2 Pro ad converters out of the water (subtly, since this is conversion)
Old 18th January 2019
Hey, I haven’t experienced any issues with latency but Octo won’t allow you to track with plugins on without some latency going on. That’s where the Apollo excels. I never/rarely track with plugs so this wasn’t an issue for me, and the prism conversion and pre’s have been such a game changer for me that I haven’t looked back.
Hope that helps!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbiek6669 View Post
Hi,
Hope you see this:
Did you ever get any latency using the UAD plugins via the Octo Core?- as I'm in the same phase of purchase now.
I have a UAD Octo Core and a Apollo 8P. For best converters for my studio, it's either Prism Titan - keeping the UAD Octo core for the plugins and using the Prism Sound Titan - one, and possibly add another, but I want the UAD plugins as well and UAD distributors here say there could be audible latency in such a setup (as yours, and mine possibly). Do let me know as I have to place orders soon, thanks
Old 18th January 2019
Lives for gear

I'm using a Mytek Brooklyn AD with SBooster external power supply with my U67 reissue and an Aurora Audio GTQC channel strip, and it sounds phenomenal. But it isn't a full interface, so you still need a DA.
Old 19th January 2019
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbiek6669 View Post
Hi,
Hope you see this:
Yes, there is a latency. Usually you don’t „feel“ it. But it is getting obvious, when you click on the delay compensation in your DAW. For mixing, no problem. For playing real-time with VST Instruments, yes! In a Project with some UAD Plugins in use, I am not able to play without latency, while delay compensation switched on. Remove the UADs and everything ist tight and fast responding. So: there is delay caused by the UAD octo satellite.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search