The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Vf14 tube very rare version
Old 29th August 2018
Here for the gear

Vf14 tube very rare version

Here's pictures of the a very rare VF14 version.

Brand is TELESTAR but this is a real TELEFUNKEN VF14.

Can someone give informations about the TELESTAR VF14 and tell how many were produced?

Comments, opinions and precisions are welcame

Old 29th August 2018
Gear Addict

Telestar was the Telefunken trade name in Finland during the 50's and 60's?

They were simply rebadged Telefunken tubes. It would be hard to know how many were sold. My guess is not many...
Old 29th August 2018
Lives for gear

...and as this is most likely a rebranded stock-original Telefunken VF14, all necessary precautions that apply to purchasing this tube need to be taken: Telefunken VF14: How to Buy With Confidence
Old 29th August 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasCat View Post
Telestar was the Telefunken trade name in Finland during the 50's and 60's?

They were simply rebadged Telefunken tubes. It would be hard to know how many were sold. My guess is not many...
It seems Telestar was a consumer brand around Europe, not just Finland.
Pro mics were branded either Neumann or Telefunken depending where you bought them here in Finland.
I started in mid 70´ties so don´t know very accurately.... or remember

Matti
Old 29th August 2018
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klaus View Post
...and as this is most likely a rebranded stock-original Telefunken VF14, all necessary precautions that apply to purchasing this tube need to be taken: Telefunken VF14: How to Buy With Confidence
Klaus,

Thank you for guiding the customers, as you did for me, so they do not get scammed. Now the tube has been verified and regenerated by Andreas Grosser as you advised me following the fact that you were not available to do it during this holiday period.

So the tube is considered perfect by an expert who has been advised to me by another expert for use in a U47 and U48.
Old 2nd August 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoop Jamy Jam View Post
Here's pictures of the a very rare VF14 version.

Brand is TELESTAR but this is a real TELEFUNKEN VF14.

Can someone give informations about the TELESTAR VF14 and tell how many were produced?

Comments, opinions and precisions are welcame

How are you getting on with your Telestar tube? Is it still going strong?
I just bought one too on ebay that appears quiet and sounds good in my Voxorama.

How did Andreas regenerate it?
Old 2nd August 2019
Lives for gear

A vf14 is under heated in a u47 circuit. This can cause the cathode to “cake up”. Regenerating the tube involves running it at the spec values to burn the deposits off the cathode and hopefully get a less noisy tube.
Old 2nd August 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by toledo3 View Post
A vf14 is under heated in a u47 circuit. This can cause the cathode to “cake up”. Regenerating the tube involves running it at the spec values to burn the deposits off the cathode and hopefully get a less noisy tube.
Thanks Toledo. This is quiet so hopefully it won't cake up for a while.
Old 2nd August 2019
Lives for gear

Yeah, for sure! This is usually more for the “pfft pfft” or thump type sounds.

Very low level “click” type sounds are usually vacuum seal, often from stress over the years where the pins meet the tube. I think in that case, it is probably better to just let it ride and use it when it counts the most. I haven’t personally had that happen with VF14, but have run into it with some EF series tubes a couple times.
Old 2nd August 2019
Gear Nut
Nice to know this Telstar tube.
Old 4 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoop Jamy Jam View Post
Klaus,

Thank you for guiding the customers, as you did for me, so they do not get scammed. Now the tube has been verified and regenerated by Andreas Grosser as you advised me following the fact that you were not available to do it during this holiday period.

So the tube is considered perfect by an expert who has been advised to me by another expert for use in a U47 and U48.
Hi, what were the before and after sounds like, of the regeneration?
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search