The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Unique compressor?
Old 21st August 2018
Gear Head

Unique compressor?

Hi everyone,

Im really intriuged by the spectrasonics 611 complimiter.

Complimiters — SPECTRA 1964

Its designed to be placed infront of the preamp and has a mic input. Would u then also need too boost the signal again with a mic preamp? And can it be used after a mic preamp, if so will i need to amplify it again so it is at a reasonable level.

Its attack time is in nano seconds!!. Id love to try this on a drum/percussion room/overhead mic and see if i can do away with close mics. Im hopeing that by useing this to parallel compress drums during tracking i can 1. Bring out the softer playing. 2. Bring out the resonances and decay of the drums (or the decay/reverb of guitar). 3 use less mics.

I know many will try to reduce the drums from ringing or resonating, but i want to bring that sound to the front. When playing my percussion hybrid kit, i get awesome resonances with long decays in key with the music while playing, but when i listen back to the recording, they r to soft to be really be heard. (My percussion kit consists of melodically tuned drums, generally usuing all 7 diotonic notes)
Old 21st August 2018
Gear Maniac

You could also try a Transient Designer or Nvelope.
Old 21st August 2018
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singlecutz View Post
You could also try a Transient Designer or Nvelope.
Thanks so much, they both sound like they will do just what i need. And both are available new in australia.

The Nvelope sounds just right for my current needs coz of its greater functionality. Wow 3 modes, can be used as an eq and kind of a multiband compressor!!

Last edited by Subsonic1; 21st August 2018 at 11:24 PM.. Reason: Spelling

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search