The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Who uses a Beesneez Oliver? Condenser Microphones
Old 20th August 2018
Here for the gear

Who uses a Beesneez Oliver?

I am looking to get a new vocal mic and am thinking about the Beesneez Oliver. It seems beautifully built and the reviews I’ve come across are positive. I want something that isn’t overly hyped and this seems to fit the bill.

Are there any Oliver users out there? They have been out for a while now, so I was hoping to get some fresh points of view on them. Are they a worthwhile move?
Old 20th August 2018
Here for the gear

Not a single Oliver user?!
Old 21st August 2018
Lives for gear

I've been using the basic cardioid model of the Oliver for a little over a year. It's a wonderful sounding microphone. It's a uniform sounding and very well made microphone.

My only complaints are that the power supply does not have a power indication light to tell you when it's on.

The included shock mount is an inexpensive chinese type, I replaced it with a Rycote universal and it works great. The cable that goes between the power supply and the mic is a low cost chinese cable, I replaced that with a custom Gotham cable.

I got my Oliver during a holiday sale, it was only $499aus including shipping which at the exchange rates came out to around $375US delivered, I call it a bargain in the world of inexpensive good sounding mic's. It has great clarity without over hyped high frequencies.

The Oliver has a very solid and weighty feel in your hand, not at all like inexpensive chinese microphones.

Good luck and good music to all!
Top Mentioned Products
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search