The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Anything up with Pendulum Audio? Dynamics Processors (HW)
Old 3 days ago
Gear Addict

Anything up with Pendulum Audio?

Looks like Front End Audio and DSP Doctor have dropped them. Can’t find anyone selling a Quartet.
Old 2 days ago
Gear Maniac

Looks like their web site is still up. Perhaps call Greg and order direct. Hope all is alright with him, nice guy. Have two Quartet’s. Will never let them go.
Old 2 days ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzone View Post
Looks like their web site is still up. Perhaps call Greg and order direct. Hope all is alright with him, nice guy. Have two Quartet’s. Will never let them go.
Thanks, I’ll try that.
Old 2 days ago
Greg stopped producing many of the items in his catalog.
Old 2 days ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Mixwell View Post
Greg stopped producing many of the items in his catalog.
For good? The website still looks the same.

EDIT: Just got off the phone with Greg. Everything's being disco'd. No stock left except for OCL500's. He said too many parts, especially transformers, getting too hard to get. They're going plugin's now.

Last edited by u87allen; 2 days ago at 09:54 PM..
Old 2 days ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by u87allen View Post
For good? The website still looks the same.
When I worked for Jay at DSPdoctor, Greg told us that he was stopping production on some of the gear.

Makes sense though. Because the boutique industry is shrinking. If you don't sell enough units to justify making them. Whats the point of it?
Old 2 days ago
Greg makes some of the best high end gear in the business. I had the pleasure of working with the ES8, OCL2 and Quartet. High end, clean smooth, and just wonderful detail. Its very sad to hear such news about a man who makes such great products.Pendulum Audio | Soundpure.com

I have a feeling his company won't be the only one in the next 5 years that this will happen to. Thermionic Culture, LaChapel, are just two other company's I am concerned about as well.
Old 1 day ago
That is a shame. I was actually looking around online to pick up the ES-8 last week, but saw it had been discontinued. I guess it's a Knif Pure Mu for me.
Old 1 day ago
Lives for gear

Massive bummer.
Old 21 hours ago
Lives for gear

This has happened throughout history in this business. Most great pro audio companies had short life spans... Pultec, Fairchild, Melcor, Q8, Electrodyne, UA Audio even until the kids brought it back.

Quality gear cost real money and time to make.

With less and less people buying quality equipment there is no way for the wolf to survive. Inexpensive plug ins are the norm now.

Greg is a great guy and a real innovator, too bad.
Old 13 hours ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mozumbo View Post
That is a shame. I was actually looking around online to pick up the ES-8 last week, but saw it had been discontinued. I guess it's a Knif Pure Mu for me.
Yeah man, a Q2 would have been nice. But now have to look at alternatives, maybe an ARC-1.1. Half the price too! Maybe that’s the silver lining of this cloud.
Old 12 hours ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by u87allen View Post
Yeah man, a Q2 would have been nice. But now have to look at alternatives, maybe an ARC-1.1. Half the price too! Maybe that’s the silver lining of this cloud.
The ARC is a great piece. There are a lot of similarities between the two brands even though topologies differ.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search