The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
neve 34136 schematics, (from neve 51series) anyone?
Old 13th June 2018
Gear Maniac

neve 34136 schematics, (from neve 51series) anyone?

Hey all!

I'm trying to find schematics for this Neve side car I have a studio tech helping me to fix.

It come from a 51 series console and it's now cut into 12 channels.

Although the channels come from a. 51 series the channels are actually 34136 as it shows on them.

Could anyone help me out with schematcis?
Attached Thumbnails
neve 34136 schematics,  (from neve 51series) anyone?-img_2959.jpg   neve 34136 schematics,  (from neve 51series) anyone?-img_2958.jpg   neve 34136 schematics,  (from neve 51series) anyone?-img_2957.jpg  
Old 25th July 2018
Gear Maniac

Anyone?
Old 24th November 2019
Here for the gear
I have 2 of these channels and would love the schematics as well. I need to figure out a power supply.

Thanks
Old 2nd August 2020
Gear Maniac

Anyone?
Old 7th August 2020
Here for the gear

Tubetech

Hi, MUCAINSANE

Are you the same person that is looking for a pair of TubeTech CL1b?

Martin
Old 7th August 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mucainsane View Post
Hey all!

I'm trying to find schematics for this Neve side car I have a studio tech helping me to fix.

It come from a 51 series console and it's now cut into 12 channels.

Although the channels come from a. 51 series the channels are actually 34136 as it shows on them.

Could anyone help me out with schematcis?

See?? This is what I mean. Dude, first of all, that is NOT from a 51 console. Its from an 81 or 82 console.

Totally different animal, with totally different power supply requirements...

Your Uhm... "TECH".....should have been able to at least tell you that.

GO NO FURTHER!!! Sell it for what ever you can get for it!!!

You have no business having it!!!
Old 12th August 2020
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKMK00 View Post
See?? This is what I mean. Dude, first of all, that is NOT from a 51 console. Its from an 81 or 82 console.

Totally different animal, with totally different power supply requirements...

Your Uhm... "TECH".....should have been able to at least tell you that.

GO NO FURTHER!!! Sell it for what ever you can get for it!!!

You have no business having it!!!
I am the "Uhm" "TECH" in question...

In 1972 I was hand building Trident A Range and B Range boards...what were you doing?

I became a pro recording engineer as well as a tech in 1975, when I built Berwick St Studios in Central London. So I have 48 years pro experience on the tech side of pro audio, 45 years as a pro recording engineer, 23 years as a mastering engineer, not to forget I owned a commercial studio in London for 14 years, and started recording albums as a musician in IBC and Central Sound in 1968.

I have a tiny bit of Neve experience as well, starting with recording engineering in Polydor in 1977 and going up to the noughties recording engineering on VR, and I've maintained, installed , stripped to pieces and uninstalled/re-installed Neve V and VR in UK, Switzerland, and Norway.

I have tech experience with Trident, Neve, API, Helios, Amek, Harrison, Cadac, Soundcraft, Soundtracs. Studer, Neotek, Allen & Heath, Tracktech, Euphonics consoles EDIT whoops forgot SSL! EDIT, and have tech'd consoles for the 3 main used pro audio dealers in the UK.

But I've never ever discussed with Muca which Neve console type his channels came from....
...and I'm more than very well aware about the psu requirements, as it's not everyday you find bipolar regulators on a Neve channel pcb...

I merely asked Muca to try and obtain channel schematics. Hardly thinking he'd trip over someone as rude as yourself!

I will say that in almost 50 years in pro audio, I've never come across a pro using language like yours....which sadly can only lead us towards the one sure inevitable conclusion here..!

Btw, you'd better call up Brian May and tell him it was really a BAD mistake for him to hire me as his "Umh..TECH" to service his Neve, and another bad mistake for him to give me an album tech credit into the bargain!

I'm positive he'll appreciate you setting him straight on that one!

Last edited by studiochap; 12th August 2020 at 03:54 PM.. Reason: Omission from list.
Old 12th August 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by studiochap View Post
I am the "Uhm" "TECH" in question...

In 1972 I was hand building Trident A Range and B Range boards...what were you doing?

I became a pro recording engineer as well as a tech in 1975, when I built Berwick St Studios in Central London. So I have 48 years pro experience on the tech side of pro audio, 45 years as a pro recording engineer, 23 years as a mastering engineer, not to forget I owned a commercial studio in London for 14 years, and started recording albums as a musician in IBC and Central Sound in 1968.

I have a tiny bit of Neve experience as well, starting with recording engineering in Polydor in 1977 and going up to the noughties recording engineering on VR, and I've maintained, installed , stripped to pieces and uninstalled/re-installed Neve V and VR in UK, Switzerland, and Norway.

I have tech experience with Trident, Neve, API, Helios, Amek, Harrison, Cadac, Soundcraft, Soundtracs. Studer, Neotek, Allen & Heath, Tracktech, Euphonics consoles EDIT whoops forgot SSL! EDIT, and have tech'd consoles for the 3 main used pro audio dealers in the UK.

But I've never ever discussed with Muca which Neve console type his channels came from....
...and I'm more than very well aware about the psu requirements, as it's not everyday you find bipolar regulators on a Neve channel pcb...

I merely asked Muca to try and obtain channel schematics. Hardly thinking he'd trip over someone as rude as yourself!

I will say that in almost 50 years in pro audio, I've never come across a pro using language like yours....which sadly can only lead us towards the one sure inevitable conclusion here..!

Btw, you'd better call up Brian May and tell him it was really a BAD mistake for him to hire me as his "Umh..TECH" to service his Neve, and another bad mistake for him to give me an album tech credit into the bargain!

I'm positive he'll appreciate you setting him straight on that one!
Okay....Whatever, dude. Its still not a 51 console, my old friend. You have impeccable credentials, I'm sure.

But you are wrong about those modules. Like, REALLY wrong.

First off, 51s do not have a dual signal path, inline.

Secondly, the module #s for 51s are as follows....

83049, 83012, 83010.

You have given your client the WRONG info. It would be much more helpful, for those here, AND for your client, whom Im sure is paying you, to do some research, which is all over the internet, OR, as you are a rockstar technician, you probably have access to some of the best technical minds in Europe. Why didn't you ask them first, rather than relying on info from a Nobody from Nowhere like me, to get the correct information on your supposed "51 Sidecar", thats ACTUALLY a slice off an 81 or 82 console?
Old 12th August 2020
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKMK00 View Post
Okay....Whatever, dude. Its still not a 51 console, my old friend. You have impeccable credentials, I'm sure.

But you are wrong about those modules. Like, REALLY wrong.

First off, 51s do not have a dual signal path, inline.

Secondly, the module #s for 51s are as follows....

83049, 83012, 83010.

You have given your client the WRONG info. It would be much more helpful, for those here, AND for your client, whom Im sure is paying you, to do some research, which is all over the internet, OR, as you are a rockstar technician, you probably have access to some of the best technical minds in Europe. Why didn't you ask them first, rather than relying on info from a Nobody from Nowhere like me, to get the correct information on your supposed "51 Sidecar", thats ACTUALLY a slice off an 81 or 82 console?

????? I must be REALLY losing the plot here:-):-):-)

..or perhaps you are?

1. I have NEVER mentioned a console type 51 or anything else either to Muca, or in my post that you quote..... and actually I wrote that in the post you've quoted! What Muca has is NOT a sidecar, and I have never ever said it was.

2. As I interfaced these modules for Muca into his system a few years ago I of all people am perfectly well aware that they aren't dual signal path, and nowhere have I said that they are.

You've said I've given my client "The WRONG info".

Uh...which wrong info.. please? be specific here now!!! Let's hear it!

I've never asked Muca to get info from you....nor have you provided him with the schematics he's asked for....from my perspective you've just slagged him off on GS for the hell of it for a cheap "look clever " moment on this thread.

As far as Muca paying me to do " research which is all over the internet", tell me how that works please? Muca is my very good personal friend, and I asked HIM to dig up the schematics! Doh!

I've worked many hours in Muca'a studio without charging, so in future it might be best not to assume that everyone else has the same ethical standards and perspectives as you seem to!
Old 15th August 2020
UGP
Gear Nut

You could try asking Dan Alexander - he usually has a lot of manuals for sale. Alternatively, these guys may have what you need:

http://www.81series.com
📝 Reply