The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Eventide H8000 ADAT Setup With Orpheus Audio Interfaces
Old 10th June 2018
Gear Head
Eventide H8000 ADAT Setup With Orpheus

hello everybody

I was hoping somebody could give me a bit of guidance in regards to 2 questions I have. i have spent time reading the manual, but had little luck.

Right now i have AUX Sends 1 and 2 from my mixing desk into the Analog inputs 1 and 3 in the back of the H8000 and analog outputs 1 + 2 and 3 + 4 of the H8000 returning into my mixing desk. All that is running smoothly.

At the same time i have the optical ADAT In & Out Cables from my Prism Sound Orpheus connected to the H8000.

I want to know, if it's possible to use the ADAT to send stuff from my DAW into the H8000, at the same time i am using the Analog Inputs from my desk? Can the analog and digital inputs be used at the same time?

And if not, how do i set up the routing inside the H8000 to receive the ADAT Signal from my DAW (which i think i have done correctly, as i can meter it via the H8000 screen) but i cant get any output?

This is how i have it set up right now. What confuses me the most is that i can select easily what goes into DSP A and DSP B, but i can't see where i can select their output? Have a look here, these are the inputs:

and the outputs:

Any help would be most appreciated!!

Thank you
Old 11th June 2018
TSM
Gear Addict

I suggest using the free routing utility from Eventide website (Mac & PC), So much easier than working on the screen. Yes, you can have mixture of Analogue and Digital working on H8000.
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search