The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Connect Lavry Blue LE•4496 to Universal Audio Apollo Audio Interfaces
Old 10th June 2018
Here for the gear

Connect Lavry Blue LE•4496 to Universal Audio Apollo

Hi all,

I'm looking for advice on the best way to integrate my Lavry Blue AD/DA converter into my setup. I'm connecting it to a Universal Audio Apollo Quad.

The Lavry has the MSYNC clock plus one M•AD-824 Analog to Digital Converter and one M•DA-824 Digital to Analog Converter.

What I am looking to do is to be able to monitor my master bus through the Lavry as well as capture the audio back into ProTools/Logic. I'm looking for the most efficient and useful way to accomplish this.

Any help would be VERY welcome!

Thanks in advance...
Old 16th June 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by isleymusic View Post
Hi all,

I'm looking for advice on the best way to integrate my Lavry Blue AD/DA converter into my setup. I'm connecting it to a Universal Audio Apollo Quad.

The Lavry has the MSYNC clock plus one M•AD-824 Analog to Digital Converter and one M•DA-824 Digital to Analog Converter.

What I am looking to do is to be able to monitor my master bus through the Lavry as well as capture the audio back into ProTools/Logic. I'm looking for the most efficient and useful way to accomplish this.

Any help would be VERY welcome!

Thanks in advance...
Which Apollo Quad do you have? The 8? Or 8p? If you have the 8p you can use the Optical inputs on the back with something like the Hosa ODL312 to connect the AES on the Lavry:
Hosa ODL312 | Sweetwater

If you have the Apollo 8, you can use the SPDIF connections with SPDIF to AES transformers like these made by Neutrik:
Neutrik NADITBNC-F AES/EBU 3 Pin XLR Female Impedance Transformer - Dale Pro Audio
Keep in mind that with these you’ll need one with male AES/XLR and another with female. Plus you’ll nee a couple BNC to SPDIF/RCA adapters as well:
Pro Co BNC to RCA/SPDIF Adapter | Sweetwater
Most high end audio dealers carry these types of options. Give someone like Sweetwater or Vintage King a call and they can get you squared away.
Top Mentioned Products
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search